Newly Released Bikes General

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frame weight from 1.79kg :oops:, 4399 euro frame option, straight conversion is $6500, oooft. Still very nice looking.
And that’s for a bare frame. Paint/ shock/ clamp will be extra thank you very much. I guess you can deduct the vat though.

Dead sexy, but even a kidney isn’t covering that

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Intense Tracer 279. Joining the mullet craze.

Price hasn't gone stupid outrageous like everything else, but spec isn't amazing.

I quite liked the previous one - had a few rides on my mates. Strikes a nice balance between fast and planted, and poppy and playful.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Intense Tracer 279. Joining the mullet craze.

Price hasn't gone stupid outrageous like everything else, but spec isn't amazing.

I quite liked the previous one - had a few rides on my mates. Strikes a nice balance between fast and planted and poppy and playful.

I used to really like the idea and look of Intense bikes. Certainly you see very few of them on the trails.

Their smaller reach has now been addressed but same size rear end is no good to me at XL..

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yeah same. Previous generation Tracer was a very nice looking bike and my mate's Recluse was a fun ride with incredible cornering traction. Build quality was abysmal though.
I mate of mine had and Intense Tracer and there was something really wrong with the frame alignment. It used to chew out pivot and wheel bearings like they were going out of fashion. They were incredibly difficult to deal with too in regards to warranty and he eventually just flogged it off.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I mate of mine had and Intense Tracer and there was something really wrong with the frame alignment. It used to chew out pivot and wheel bearings like they were going out of fashion. They were incredibly difficult to deal with too in regards to warranty and he eventually just flogged it off.
Yeah it's really disappointing for frames that in many aspects have a lot going for them. I still have an old rocker link from a Recluse I use as a door stop (about the best use for it) because mate was having very similar issues to yours.

AFAIK the upper / lower suspension links and bearings are the only bits still being made by Intense in California.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Maybe I've just been blessed, but my pre-carbon tracer is nearing 10 years in the fleet and still kicking goals. I've had an issue with a pivot bolt loosening but that's as likely a mechanic issue as it is a quality issue. I service the pivots once or twice a year and it's still running the original bearings so it's definitely possible to get a good one that'll go the distance.

I do have a habit of breaking the bikes fall using my own flesh and bones though, so maybe another rider would trash it faster?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I'll just leave this here for @pink poodle

I just told my mate, who is looking for a new bike, to get one of these yesterday. I really should put more effort in for him, but it's so hot.

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
I just told my mate, who is looking for a new bike, to get one of these yesterday. I really should put more effort in for him, but it's so hot.
Guy down the road just bought the Al 6.
Looks like a good value build with Fox Rhythm, SLX drivetrain, SLX four pot brakes, and DT wheels for $4650.
Sizing is on the larger end. Normally I'm between M and L in most brands, definitely a M for this one...

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Guy down the road just bought the Al 6.
Looks like a good value build with Fox Rhythm, SLX drivetrain, SLX four pot brakes, and DT wheels for $4650.
Sizing is on the larger end. Normally I'm between M and L in most brands, definitely a M for this one...
Interestingly sizing seemed small for me so I went the large despite canyon recommending the M for me.
Guess it's a bit of personal preference too.

Reactions: PJO

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll just leave this here for @pink poodle

An inspiring read! Well actually I found it poorly written and filled with wordy-words, but there was some key information in there about the type of riding this bike feels right for - poodle rides. I really should pull my shit
together. And sell the scout.