Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was just privileged enough to watch insiders/outsiders whatever on sky.
Seems Greta strumborg is to blame if ww3 happens. It seems the Russians have been influencing politics of the looney left and their greenhouse gas policies so they dominate Europe power supplies.
Now EU can't turn the taps off regardless of what Russia does unless they wish to suffer. This has emboldened count Vlad to do his little foray into invading little countries

I love that sort of reporting
I think you need to go on post watch here and all posts approved by an admin. Some people think you can’t watch this stuff without being a sponge to it. I predict your post here will start saying stuff line Go woke go broke, Make Rotor Burn great again and then when called out on this you will accuse us all of cancel culture.

Did you only watch it because the rain was stopping you ride your bike ?

safreek

I think you need to go on post watch here and all posts approved by an admin. Some people think you can’t watch this stuff without being a sponge to it. I predict your post here will start saying stuff line Go woke go broke, Make Rotor Burn great again and then when called out on this you will accuse us all of cancel culture.

Did you only watch it because the rain was stopping you ride your bike ?
The mtb tracks here will be rooted for ages so no riding.
The rest I don't understand, have I been good or bad.
I doubt rotorburn will ever be great again, too much censoring and cancelling of the past

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
It's a surreal feeling watching this happen in real time - it's like seeing something happen that'll shape the world for decades.

I reckon a lot of the western action has been brewing for a while - they were just waiting for an excuse to do something about all the radiation assassinations taking place on their turf, interference and state run ransomware attacks. The invasion is something that russia can't "i didnt do it"

I was born in poland when it was still a soviet puppet state and thinking back to all the stories i heard from rellies who were based in the east (in what was poland after ww1 and is now ukraine/russia).. when an area was taken over anyone that was anyone (civic, military leaders etc) was disposed, others were forced out (with a receipt for a house/business based on what was seized from them if you were lucky) and the area was russiafied with imports taking over the farms and businesses, changing the demographics (and allowing the 'what do you mean, this has always been russia/youre being mean to russians' retort). Anyone stuck in a city that gets taken over is pretty fucked
It really is a tumultuous area, from the very basic overviews i've seen i dont think they've ever really had anything you could call stability. Having some heritage there myself, anything that i hear from there usually piques my interest. do you know of any "in a nutshell" info regarding the last 100 odd years of borders and takeovers around there that someone with a minute attention span could digest? i think i know some things but i'm not sure how much i've twisted around and got ass about with all the years of brain cell abuse.

(grandfather was born in central Poland, grandmother in part of Poland thats now Ukraine, both made it through ww2 and came here in the late 50s)
Just spent half the afternoon reading about Russia's involvement in (and subsequent exit from) WW1 which led onto more reading about Russia and WW2 and the follow on Cold War.

Man there is a lot of land/countries on Russia's western border that they "lost" when they signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk with Germany in 1917

Fk'ers just need to take a chill pill and go home. Via the Kremlin. With a bullet. With the initials V.P. on it.

Last edited:

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
It really is a tumultuous area, from the very basic overviews i've seen i dont think they've ever really had anything you could call stability. Having some heritage there myself, anything that i hear from there usually piques my interest. do you know of any "in a nutshell" info regarding the last 100 odd years of borders and takeovers around there that someone with a minute attention span could digest? i think i know some things but i'm not sure how much i've twisted around and got ass about with all the years of brain cell abuse.

(grandfather was born in central Poland, grandmother in part of Poland thats now Ukraine, both made it through ww2 and came here in the late 50s)
I don't know much either, i was pretty young when we left.. just the 3 partitions by austria-hungary, prussia and russia & no poland on the maps from the late 1700s until after ww 1. It used to cover all of belarus and lithuania (it was one empire with them). The language outlawed after the partitions etc. A few random insurrections and rebellions over the century were put down each time. It didn't go as far west as it does nowadays - the borders post ww2 actually moved it west and expelled the germans.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My first real mountain bike trek was with a Polish guy and his mates from the 7th Day Adventist church. We stayed in Jindabyne, at a big place with heaps of cabins owned by the church.

We set off from Charlotte's Pass straight down the paved path where I jumped the water bumps and nose wheelied the last landing due to the canti brakes on the Repco Sierra just running out. We rode single track all the way to Blue Lake, around the back of Kosi and then to the top of it and then the main fire trail back to Charlotte's. It was 1993 and people weren't really riding out there and it was still not illegal to ride those walking trails.

Joel would be 55 or so now. Couple of his mates were older. They were all born in Poland, came here in the 70's. I'll see if I can find him on the interwebs.

slowmick

38-39"
My boss and his wife are Russian. The tell many sobering stories of life in Moscow, a life I can't begin to comprehend. Last year they went to Sydney at the height of the pandemic/lockdowns to help out there daughter with her home just as they came out of lockdown in Melbourne. Currently they are flying to Moscow to see their 84 year old mother/mother-in-law as it may be there last opportunity to return home. They have friends in both Russia and Ukraine and fear for all of their safety. He described the current situation as they are burning down the country of my childhood. Russia will never be the same after this.

Europe is becoming unsafe for Russians. People seem to think it is ok to abuse and mistreat people with Russian accents and/or Russian names regardless of where they live. We have reached a very sad time in the world.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Europe is becoming unsafe for Russians. People seem to think it is ok to abuse and mistreat people with Russian accents and/or Russian names regardless of where they live. We have reached a very sad time in the world.
This happens with every negative world event. Just happened/still happening with covid and Chinese people. There's always some racist cunts that don't see the forrest for the trees.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This happens with every negative world event. Just happened/still happening with covid and Chinese people. There's always some racist cunts that don't see the forrest for the trees.
We have antifa to fight racism so I guess shit will only get real when they hit the streets and join the war. I am just not sure which side they will join ha ha

Flow-Rider

Burner
We adopted a Polish lady as an aunty years ago, she always told us how the Germans murdered her family in W11 and threw her out the window to live because she was a child. I tell youse, the world can throw some bad shit at some people.

safreek

I guess if the rest of the world is scared of a nuke war good old Vlad will match on a NATO country next. Doesn't matter as the west won't want a nuke war.
Seems fairly reminiscent of another war many seem to have forgotten.
Force the pricks hand or continue to be stomped.