Little Things You Hate

safreek

This is just outside the hospital, water came nowhere near this high in 2017. Must be a cracker of a flood. Friends have said the reporting is it will be larger than the flood of 1884, I was a bit young to remember that one. True 1 in a 100 flood.

I truely hope the migrants from Sydney and Melbourne did their due diligence

Flow-Rider

Burner
This is just outside the hospital, water came nowhere near this high in 2017. Must be a cracker of a flood. Friends have said the reporting is it will be larger than the flood of 1884, I was a bit young to remember that one. True 1 in a 100 flood.

I truely hope the migrants from Sydney and Melbourne did their due diligenceView attachment 386706
Year, poor buggers, it's all over the news here. I hope it doesn't close too many businesses that are recovering from Covid.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Year, poor buggers, it's all over the new here. I hope it doesn't close too many businesses that are recovering from Covid.
How are you going Flow? The rain is easing but still a lot forecasted for today?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

I truely hope the migrants from Sydney and Melbourne did their due diligenceView attachment 386706
You good where you are or are you being evacuated?

safreek

Year, poor buggers, it's all over the new here. I hope it doesn't close too many businesses that are recovering from Covid.
I don't think it will kill the town but I think it will be devoid of a lot of business after the clean up.
Some of the small business owners I know here will be totally fucked, one fella has a house and shop in town, I believe he will not recover, seems it's getting higher. Poor fucker sold his fruit blocks in the Riverland to have an easy existence, I think he will be bankrupt by the end of it all. Sad but noone thinks it will happen to them.

cammas

Seamstress
Daughter and her partner are currently in Yatala for his work, they were supposed to go a while back but got pushed back due to Covid. Now they have the floods and he’s at the work site, her and my grandson luckily are on the 16th floor in their apartment, she said the rain has seemed to have eased.

I just seen the footage of Lismore and they look to be in world of hurt there, with water levels at roof height and people having to be rescued from inside their homes, even having to smash through the ceilings as they couldn’t get out quick enough. Stay safe out there people.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sand traps. Two rides out of two have caught my front wheel and thrown me to the ground. Thankfully no injuries but unsettling nonetheless.

Seems like there's a lot of them on Melbourne's trails where I ride.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
So, in an effort to bring things back to the petty and insignificant shit, I bought a tubeless air blaster from my LBS, Specialized branded, when I got my new steed.

Tyres went well for ages, and I finally had need to reseat one of my tubeless tyres. Most of the time they seat ok with just the track pump, but figured since I have the reservoir, might as well use it just in case.

The fucking non-return valve has gone, and it leaks out the inlet. Its probably only been used a 1/2 dozen times, its well out of warranty, and its non-repairable. Specialized must have known it was shit as its no longer even showing as a product on their webpage. Fuckers.

I can't ride at the moment, so this thing only occasionally torments me when I walk past it in the garage, as a reminder.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
When I was in Derby last month we went for an evening ride after dinner one night and to keep it casual we just looped around the dam and up Whochya-Upta. All fairly normal, even with the youngest's chain coming off a few times due to a bent hanger (the rocky sections on the Blue Tier are a good challenge). Anyway, we get to the top and there are 3 blokes there, 2 younger and one older. We chat about the riding and the area and the older bloke talks about St Helens and how it's worth a visit. While he's talking I'm about 85% sure it's Glen Jacobs... but I don't say anything. LTIH: now it's just pissing me off that I reckon it was him and I missed the chance to thank him for his efforts.

safreek

So, in an effort to bring things back to the petty and insignificant shit, I bought a tubeless air blaster from my LBS, Specialized branded, when I got my new steed.

Tyres went well for ages, and I finally had need to reseat one of my tubeless tyres. Most of the time they seat ok with just the track pump, but figured since I have the reservoir, might as well use it just in case.

The fucking non-return valve has gone, and it leaks out the inlet. Its probably only been used a 1/2 dozen times, its well out of warranty, and its non-repairable. Specialized must have known it was shit as its no longer even showing as a product on their webpage. Fuckers.

I can't ride at the moment, so this thing only occasionally torments me when I walk past it in the garage, as a reminder.
Smash it against a pole, it will give you a great feeling of satisfaction..and let's never talk about specialized again;)