Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Because the USA has never invaded another country without good cause right???
I don't understand this comment - Bad behaviour by the US has no relationship to what Russia is doing now. US was bad for what it has done in the past, Russia is bad for what it is doing today. Its possible to look at this invasion in isolation to what the US has done in the past and condemn them both.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
A lot of images/video circulating on the internet is from a Syrian conflict that occurred several years ago. Not the current Ukrainian events

Trolls trying to feed the fire in the name of getting likes and views on social media platforms.

And some mainstream media using said videos/images in their reports.

Despicable Keyboard Warriors....

Minlak

custom titis
I don’t understand what is happening - and whilst I wish it wasn’t happening - I decided to try and educate myself - found an article from a UK based news organisation - based on what they have explained I actually kind of understand why Putin is doing what he is.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yes, those formations are not combat formations, and one of those aircraft look to be a mid air refueler, not somethign that flies low or over targets like that. THose bombers would also be flying at much greater altitude out of the way of smaller anti-air systems. I'd say that those vids are taken from a ceremonial flyover somewhere in Russia and are being used for mis/disinfo.

Looks like the reports of Russians in Mariupol were false. Going to be a lot of that for a while yet.

Likely that the current targets were command and control centres of Ukr mil, coms centres and air defence installations - all hit by cruise missiles.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I don’t understand what is happening - and whilst I wish it wasn’t happening - I decided to try and educate myself - found an article from a UK based news organisation - based on what they have explained I actually kind of understand why Putin is doing what he is.
Can you provide me a link to that article, please?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, those formations are not combat formations, and one of those aircraft look to be a mid air refueler, not somethign that flies low or over targets like that. THose bombers would also be flying at much greater altitude out of the way of smaller anti-air systems. I'd say that those vids are taken from a ceremonial flyover somewhere in Russia and are being used for mis/disinfo.

Looks like the reports of Russians in Mariupol were false. Going to be a lot of that for a while yet.

Likely that the current targets were command and control centres of Ukr mil, coms centres and air defence installations - all hit by cruise missiles.
After looking into it more, would seem that the flyover video is from a previous demonstration, so yep not current. The others I think are though?