What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
Rode it!
DSC_9322-picsay.jpg
I don't have much to go on as a benchmark but I'm really enjoying the bigger wheels than the old 26er. I went to the KMBC junior ride with my son this morning, then headed off to Farrell Grove to try something else. But that turned out to be a trail too far for the young fella.
Screenshot_20220220-202914.png

Screenshot_20220220-202933.png

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to St Helens over the weekend. Brilliant weather, 23 Saturday and 24 Sunday. Yvonne's mum lives there so staying the night is an easy option. We left Hobart about 9 am and I was dropped at the trail head parking lot about 12:30. I was standing by the maps chomping on a sandwich and a guy came up and started asking me about the shuttles. (there was only about 7-8 vehicles in the parking lot and a handful of riders rolling around the area). I told him I didn't know anything and I planned to ride to the top. I sensed quickly he was on his own and was looking for a little local knowledge. Anyway, we rode up Rocklobster, Wedged In and Garnup to the top of Loila Tier.

Rode down Old Salty Dog. It was a hoot. Hadn't ridden this one before. Supposed to be a blue trail but I would say purplish. Lots of rock rolls, jumps and a few , somewhat disguised, small gap jumps. I manage to avoid those. Mike from Coffs Harbour, the guy I rode with, thought my "missus" would be picking me up at the parking lot. No chance. You want to ride, ride home. He was on a bike I hadn't seen before, a Sunn Finest. French, he said.
On Sunday Yvonne and I drove to Swimcart Beach and rode on the roads to the half way point of the Blue Tier trail.

At the half way point with all of our friends.
This is a great ride for someone who is looking to improve their skills while having fun with out too much anxiety. Lots of flow, wide gentle berms and enough features to make it interesting for a more advanced rider. It was Yvonne's idea to do this ride which was pleasing (except she smoked me on the road up). It's her third time on it and she is walking less each time. After all, we only ride for fun, don't we?

A view from the high point.
Then back to Swimcart Beach for a snack and to pack up.

We stopped in St Mays on the way home and had a great meal in the local pub.

Just a little reminder in the pub that life is a little slower in the country than the big smoke.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A trailer upgrade has been on the cards for about a year now.

Every time I head to Melrose, I need the trailer to carry shit up and green waste back down. Was struggling to carry bikes and usually end up with 2 inside the car and 2 inside the trailer.

Spec - must be galv, must have a long enough drawbar to fit my shuttle rack, bigger tray and higher carrying capacity.

Luckily they had one just coming off the production line so picked it up yesterday morning after nightshift.

My old one has served us well but its just too small now.

Covid cash has inflated trailer prices, the same 8x5 was about a $800-1000 cheaper this time last year. On the flip side, my old trailer will be getting covid cashed in on Scumtree ASAP.

Also asked about a custom factory hitch on the front to hold the bike rack... fakk me, could be up to $2000 extra they said :oops:

Spent yesterday afternoon and this morning fabricating and fitting the front hitch receiver, cost was $70 for steel, $12.50 Dulux enamel rattle can, $4.95 for 2 pack of 100mm 8.8 bolts. Job done for under $90.

Had to modify the position of the spare from the top to underneath, also re route the brake lines and add SS inserts/guides to route the cables over the top of the spare wheel.

Its painted now but when I get some time, I'll drop it into the galvanisers and they can strip and galv it.

5 bikes transported now with minimal fuss :D

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Top job.

Must have taken a while spraying those brush marks :p
Hahaha... paint brushed 1 undercoat of Dulux metal primer then 2 coats of Dulux metalshield epoxy enamel black (flat matte), didnt like the flat black finish.

So grabbed a metalshield gloss rattle can at Bunnings when I was down this morning getting the longer M12 bolts.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Brought a new bike..... (for my son) Got the Marin San Quentin 2 as I've been so impressed with the San Quentin 3 for #1 son. This one doesn't ride quite as hard so we shall see how the downgraded forks and breaks go, but can swap parts etc over to cover that. Bloody hell what you get for your money has decreased, finally I see an impact of COVID! (it's a joke you cantankerous bunch)

moorey

call me Mia
We’re low on leaders for my Tuesday Dirt Critters, so at last nights session at Black Hill, a parent was helping out as sweeper on some intermediate DH runs.
Finished up the runs unscathed, dad follows some kids off what he thinks is a roll down from grass to road…but it’s a drop off.
OTB, dislocated shoulder, multiple broken ribs. His son is in the group and was distraught. Was meant to be riding Mt Buller SuperFlow with dad in a few weeks. I’m sure he was also worried about dads injury though…