What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took it for a spin at Silvan and sampled the re-built JJ’s trail. Full respect to the people who spent a great deal of time clearing and sculpting the track. It’s running mint and the flow is better than ever!
Me too, it's very nice.
Didn't give it a full send just yet due to my hand but hope to soon :)

Was still a bit greasy out, made for many laughs on a more spirited send down 'to the valley below'.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I only really got them for when I retro’d Waltly 3 (but I sold that frame, so yeah…).

They ride and grip far better than I expected, but I haven’t been that keen to put them on anything else because they’d look a bit weird.

@Jpez keeps wanting to buy them off me, so I might concede eventually and let him have them.
Oh sorry. I haven’t got a witty response because I’m too busy enjoying the scenery on the front veranda of my Airbnb in Maydena.
but if I did have the time to respond I’d like to insert a vomit emoji of which there are none.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I mean at least Tan walls used to be a thing.... White tyres however... tsk tsk... Never go Full @beeb!
Original Porcs and Panaracer Smoke/Dart Magic were white with tan wall. I had both BITD, the Onza's were hands down the worst tyre I've ever ridden, leaning slightly into a corner would rip knobs off.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Replacement/warranty dropper post was posted yesterday, should receive this week. Boxed the defective one up last night and posting out today.

While I was in there, fixed the click coming from the bottom bracket on the old hardtail and took that for a spin at Coondoo this morning with a mate from work. The difference in bike quality is enormous. I can't wait to have the good bike going again.

Lucaw

Next in line
I went on a long ride this afternoon. I got dropped off at geilston bay and rode over to shag bay where I rode 4 balls and 2 tools

Then I rode up pilchers hill and found a creek gap that I rode a few times

Then I rode up some fire trails with the hope they’d connect with the Meehan trail network
I was very relived to see the Meehan skyline sign

After that I rode down corkscrew to the skills park, crossed the highway and then rode down 2 logs down at Waverley before going home. I saw one person at the Meehan skills park, but no one on any other trails.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I went on a long ride this afternoon. I got dropped off at geilston bay and rode over to shag bay where I rode 4 balls and 2 tools
View attachment 385675
Then I rode up pilchers hill and found a creek gap that I rode a few times View attachment 385676
Then I rode up some fire trails with the hope they’d connect with the Meehan trail network
I was very relived to see the Meehan skyline signView attachment 385677
After that I rode down corkscrew to the skills park, crossed the highway and then rode down 2 logs down at Waverley before going home. I saw one person at the Meehan skills park, but no one on any other trails.
A @Lucaw story that doesn’t end in destruction? Imposter! Imposter I tells ya!

Looks like fun. :)

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is more of a :what did you do with your bike the last 3 days" post since relaxing and posting seem a bit asymmetrical.

Went for a ride from our caravan at Lake Meadowbank out along gravel roads to the top of hill of unknown name of about 630 meters elevation. It's bit of a grind but worth it for the view.

That's Mt Anne in the distance. Maydena is the furthest bit of open ground with a few buildings in it. This was on the 31st and it was 31c. The racers at Maydena must have been smoking hot. I supposed they settled for showers and some cool drinks. We went for a ski on the lake.
The top of this mountain has a fire lookout and 4-5 Telstra towers. The ride down s a hoot!

Bikes resting before resuming the journey.

Today on the way home we decided to go to Maydena. I hadn't been to the bike park and it was my wife's idea. That was a bit of a win. She would only do it if we rode green trails. I was cool with that as it's a start. Actually, it was a lot of fun. Watch a bit of the racing. (don't see much in bike racing). Headed to the cafe on the corner next to the bike park for the best milkshakes in Tasmania.
On the way back to the car bikes were being loaded on to trailers to go to Queenstown. I took this photo. I am sure I saw this Banshee posted somewhere on Rotorburn recently.