COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Thought I'd share my timeline for my rona experience, positive RAT for me yesterday.

Tuesday - Daughter wakes up with symptoms. 2 X positive RAT. Myself, negative RAT. Unable to get in anywhere for PCR test.

Wednesday - PCR test for myself and daughter.

Friday / Saturday - Symptoms for me. Slight fever, headache, slightly achy in the body, bit of a phlegmy cough. Negative RAT.

Monday - Myself, day 6 RAT test, positive.

Still no results from any PCR tests, it looks like they've given up on them.

Some people seem to be getting messages that their samples are to old to test, but I haven't received anything yet at all.
A person in pathology told me last week there were 7,000 tests scrapped due to delays in processing. These symptomatic people have been notified that their test wasn't performed and to go and get re-tested. It's a mess, how and where are they supposed to get re-tested?

@wkkie I hope you and your daughter recover quickly and that the rest of your family is spared infection.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Anyone had luck booking in a 5-11yr old. Rang our GP. Nope not doing it. Used the COVID Vax booking site. Get to the part about entering age and we are not taking bookings. FFS.
We’ve got 2 booked in for this weekend via the Covid Vax site. Booked a few weeks ago.

Edit - in WA so might be an availability issue

Jpez

Down on the left!
Anyone had luck booking in a 5-11yr old. Rang our GP. Nope not doing it. Used the COVID Vax booking site. Get to the part about entering age and we are not taking bookings. FFS.
We had our 6 y old booked for yesterday at the local doctors but it was canceled because the fucking drugs didn’t turn up! Fucking useless government. The missus is a whole lot smarter than me and had the foresight to also book in an appointment through the state run scheme just in case. So we have an appointment for tomorrow. Lucky we did as other kids that were turned away from the local doc have to get back in the queue and could be up to a month.
Seriously they could have had the foresight to get this happening a bit quicker, a bit smoother so a shitload of kids didn’t have to go back to school either mildly protected from only just having one dose or no dose at all. Fuck Scotty and horse he rode in on.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Had 9yo old booked in for this morning and all went to plan at local GP.
Getting our boosters has taken a bit. Firstly could only get early March appointment. After a bit of online searching and phone calls, have got end of January booked.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well that's shit.

Called employer...

Me: I'm due back to work tomorrow and have been interstate.
Employer: I'll look at the current policy and call you back.

Employer: Bad news for you mate... will be seeing you tomorrow.
Me: I've been in Tasmania...
Employer: (silence)
Me: With lots of Victorians...
Me: And thousands of NSW people camping all around me...
Me: And on the boat back, with people from everywhere...
Me: I drove through Victoria...
Me: I stopped in Victoria for food and fuel ;)
Employer: Cant do anything for ya mate, see you tomorrow.

FFS :(