The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Here in SA, parliament just last week voted that our ICAC couldn't investigate misconduct or maladministration.

Just now ABC pops up with this gem.

It's a fucking joke of a system that allows these grubs to control this. And it's only going to get worse. Much worse
Bring back Guy Fawkes (the Gunpowder Plot, anyway)

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Pork belly and Champagne for dinner tonight.

This current run of NSW Lib/Nat government has been slimey from the start. They have manage to wriggle themselves out of trouble several times and I hope that this brings the whole lot of then undone. I know it won't, but if it does I will be buying a bottle of 1959 Penfolds Grange Hermitage to celebrate.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_383961/penfolds-grange-1959

But I won't buy it from uncle Dan. His price is way off.
have a word with Bruzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm sure he has a few dozen cases that some anonymous donor kindly dropped off at his humongous estate.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Brexit plus freedom day/covid mismanagement seems to be going well in Old Blighty.

That's a fairly disingenuous statement. You're making it sound like Boris' admittedly premature and ill-thought through 'Freedom Day' is responsible for the current clusterfuck in the UK. Yes, it was responsible for a big spike in cases but that's not why people are forced to queue up for food nor why there is a mad petrol shortage and a massive hike in gas prices.

11 years of Tory rule culminating in the blazing dog-shit bin of Brexit is the sole reason for all this. The sudden relaxation of restrictions created a headache for the NHS but it at least allowed everyone who worked in retail, hospitality, the arts, health and fitness and tourism to stop relying on almost non-existent unemployment benefits and start earning again.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
That's a fairly disingenuous statement. You're making it sound like Boris' admittedly premature and ill-thought through 'Freedom Day' is responsible for the current clusterfuck in the UK....
I admit it sounds a bit disingenuous, but Boris' motivation for Freedom Day and opening up was to allow the welfare to be wound back and this is what is leading to demand on the charity food banks.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I admit it sounds a bit disingenuous, but Boris' motivation for Freedom Day and opening up was to allow the welfare to be wound back and this is what is leading to demand on the charity food banks.
Thats true but I dare say there'd be even bigger queues without it as the dole in the UK is pretty woeful and food bank queues have been a common feature in the UK ever since 'austerity measures' were brought in a decade or so ago.