COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
"On April 1, 2020, Australia provided Doolittle with proof of funds letter from Citi Treasury & Trade Solutions confirming that they had transferred sufficient funds from Australia to the United States... "

The govt was playing a really mean april fools joke on him

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, we have universal healthcare. It's a fucking wonderful thing despite the system's inefficiencies etc. It also looks after people who smoke cigarettes, drink to excess, don't exercise, ride MTB, or make any number of clearly poor choices regarding their own health despite those choices. We shouldn't be advocating for people who choose not to get vaccinated to be treated any differently, no matter how nuts we think they are.
The medical system already discriminates against poor lifestyle choices, no organ transplants for some smokers/drinkers.. So it’s not without precedent..

When it comes to treatment though of course people of any vaccination status should be equal they are tax payers like everyone else. But I think some sort of co-contribution isn’t unreasonable. These people are knowingly putting the medical staff treating them (and other patients) in harms way.. Can always setup a HECS medi debt sort of arrangment that is paid of slowly as long as you earn over x threshold..

We all have choices and if you choose to not take up the free vaccine then there is consequences to that decision. Just like there are consequences from taking a vaccine, ie potential clotting from taking AZ.. Or heart inflammation from mrna vax..

I like France’s tactic of allowing unvaccinated to go to crowded events as long as they provide a negitive test result in the last 72 hours. A PCR test they pay for at around 50 euro’s a pop.. But is still free for those who are vaccinated.. Could do the same here but with a medicare “gap” payment..

Fwiw I am definitely not advocating for forced vaccination, especially now we are looking at vaccinating kids..

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
For the record, the post he'd shared that I responded to was by the notable immunologist and uh... checks notes ... motocross rider Chad Reed.

But yeah, people will just believe anything they read!
I’m not sure what the relationship dynamic is, but a few of his posts posts feature a lady who’s son was a victim of a vaccine injury. There will be no going back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Israel now offering 3rd Pfizer dose to over 60's to boost the vaccine effect on new strains.

BTW Israel is the most vaccinated country in the world.
They had a Prime Minister who actually called and spoke to the Pfizer CEO in the States and secured plenty of the vaccine. Ours on the other hand left it to the Health Minister and senior public servants at health who only spoke to 'Suzie from sales' in the the Sydney Pfizer office.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Got my first AZ jab today. Didn't feel a thing!

Had been waiting for the "recommended" Pfiiiiiizer one to become available to my age group, but then astra advice changed for everyone under 60 as well recently so I said Pfiiiiiiizer...?!? Pfuck it, I'll get the one that's available. Took the arvo off work "just to be sure".

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They had a Prime Minister who actually called and spoke to the Pfizer CEO in the States and secured plenty of the vaccine.
Basic bloody maths, 8.5mil population, 2 doses for each person... I'll grab 20mil and give our most vulnerable an extra one.

Scotty the turd, 25mil x 2... I'll grab fiddy :mad:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
They had a Prime Minister who actually called and spoke to the Pfizer CEO in the States and secured plenty of the vaccine. Ours on the other hand left it to the Health Minister and senior public servants at health who only spoke to 'Suzie from sales' in the the Sydney Pfizer office.
I am pretty sure Scott ordered the right amount of vaccine a while back. Paid for, he's just waiting on the delivery from Mr Doolittle.

ozzybmx

So how fo you all feel about prisoners in Victoria being able to get pfizer on request?
A drop in the ocean to the cost of keeping them there.

Security risk of putting them in a hospital on a ventilator, guarding them... faking severe symptoms to get out of jail.

They should be forced to have them.

Reactions: D2R

ozzybmx