Little Things You Hate

Minlak

custom titis
Used Transdirect to get the Nic frame down to me from the distro in Qld. Have used them before, pretty easy to deal with and rates are decent for quality carriers. Anyway, nominate a commercial pickup, but now a week later they've sent me an invoice for a $95 surcharge because the "carrier deemed the pickup address was residential not commercial".

Okay, sent them the invoice and website as evidence that the address is the registered business address of the distro and therefore a commercial pickup.

"Oh no, you need to provide evidence that it is commercial zoned".

Get fucked.
Just sent a bike to Cairns from Bundaberg but it goes to Brisbane first then up. Used a depot to depot option was only $130

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Just sent a bike to Cairns from Bundaberg but it goes to Brisbane first then up. Used a depot to depot option was only $130
Yeah this was well priced too… til they decided to fuck me. Got into a bit of a fight with their accts. Don’t fancy my chances but worth a try to get out of it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Being a passenger in the car of someone who can't drive and talk at the same time, but clearly has a lot of shit going on in their life and wants to talk...fucking stressful rides!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I wish MTB Direct would stop teasing me with products they don’t have in stock! Every day I get these ads and maybe every second day I’ll click on it think maybe this is the day, maybe they found a box out back but nooooo the fuckers! Lies! It’s all lies! :mad:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I wish MTB Direct would stop teasing me with products they don’t have in stock! Every day I get these ads and maybe every second day I’ll click on it think maybe this is the day, maybe they found a box out back but nooooo the fuckers! Lies! It’s all lies! :mad:
View attachment 377776
I'd be more surprised if that price holds...

moorey

call me Mia
A mate built a sizable dam on his property a few months back. It hasn’t rained a lot lately. I noticed it was almost full and unusually clear for something that fills via ground run-off.
Me: How did your dam fill so fast?
Him: Left mains water running into it 24/7 for the 8 weeks. Water is cheap. Don’t tell anyone.

FFS, it’s almost as big as my dam, which is 2.5 megalitre. It’s gotta have 1.5 in there at least. He’s rich, doesn’t care about the water bill. Fuck everyone else who spends half their life on strict water restrictions.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
A mate built a sizable dam on his property a few months back. It hasn’t rained a lot lately. I noticed it was almost full and unusually clear for something that fills via ground run-off.
Him: Left mains water running into it 24/7 for the 8 weeks. Water is cheap. Don’t tell anyone.

FFS, it’s almost as big as my dam, which is 2.5 megalitre. It’s gotta have 1.5 in there at least. He’s rich, doesn’t care about the water bill. Fuck everyone else who spends half their life on strict water restrictions.
At $2 per 1000 litres if he's on the Central Highlands Water network...he'd better be quite rich.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I bet he bullshitted to you, you can do things to meters so that they don't read the water.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

plot twist
He didn't say who's mains water he left running, checked your meter lately?

moorey

call me Mia
At $2 per 1000 litres if he's on the Central Highlands Water network...he'd better be quite rich.
Wouldn’t blink at that. He owns an accountancy business. That’s what shits me. Water is super cheap. I haven’t been on mains for 17 years. The waste water treatment fee used to be a lot more than the water usage. Is that still the situation?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Wouldn’t blink at that. He owns an accountancy business. That’s what shits me. Water is super cheap. I haven’t been on mains for 17 years. The waste water treatment fee used to be a lot more than the water usage. Is that still the situation?
Yup, service and waste surcharges are about 500% water costs in my bill...but I only shower on the 29th of February.

#freebritney

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

i got home this leave to my boiler having shat itself and leaking hot water into the yard for anywhere up to 6 weeks. This is the second time it’s happened. There was a bit of a spike in my power bill (thank fuck for solar) but I’ve not had the water bill yet.

I’m not concerned though. The last time it happened there was bugger all of a lift. 90% of my bill is apparently all down to connection and admin. Seems like a bit of a con if you ask me!