What does your day look like?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Back brake goes to the bars, he reckons it was working fine. It locks the wheel up 'just' when it hits the grip. Looks like this was the cause.

Unlisted upload.

Geeez, that was one fast big off. He did land it though. Might well be a brake gremlin.

Sorry to hear that the young man is all beaten up. He will be back at it soon and his kids one day will be watching that same video clip.

Hope he heals up soon.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ouch, hope he heals up quick mate.

Not sure on your summary of the cause though, I don't think brakes work very well with wheels off the ground :eek:
Doesn't look like much margin for error on that gap, kids these days haha.
I've looked at it a load of times, he reckons he pulled both brakes at the same time.

Its definitely a possibility that the back end may have rebounded up and gave him no rear braking or the other possibility that he only had the front... anyhow when I got to the bike at the bottom of the hill, they told me the back brake didnt work, when I tried it, the back brake was only just locking the rear wheel when it hit the bar.

Outcome is still the same :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Does my employment contract include discounted parts?
Not even discounted... free parts !!!! Its a job perk to keep any salvageable parts that are removed from their bikes :rolleyes:

Good luck getting your hands on new spares, they need to be bolted to a bike to reserve stock in this house.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Not even discounted... free parts !!!! Its a job perk to keep any salvageable parts that are removed from their bikes :rolleyes:

Good luck getting your hands on new spares, they need to be bolted to a bike to reserve stock in this house.
On the bright side, demand for spares will be reduced for a while. ;)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
iMac kept going thermal on my arse, even after new thermal paste & a clean out. I reckon the 11yo machine has a dry joint or whatnot, decided to cut my losses & buy a 34" LG screen for $400 delivered (they have got a lot cheaper!):

Knocked up the ply base this morning from building left-overs down the street. I always like my screen pushed back a distance.

Another bonus is that now I get to use the 2015 MBP that was sitting in the cupboard.

I might move the iMac into the workshop. It's fine when it's only on for a few hours at a time.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
That's a nice setup! I have a 27" 144Hz IPS monitor connected to the Macbook Air which is overkill for what I do (I used to use a gaming PC). A 34" would be more useful to me but the price of Thunderbolt or USB-3 screens are a total rip-off IMO.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah this is just a 2560 x 1080 HDMI-driven screen. Resolution is fine for WFH. It has halfway decent speakers too, still using the MBP mic for concalls. Need to buy a webcam.