Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
"I put these questions out there to be answered and one person did a bloody thorough job"

This is all from one person answering in the FB group.
Ok, so you spent all that time mansplaining to a group where a vast majority have a decent understanding of how a car works.

If you'd come back with any sort of evidence that these were your own observations and experiences I would have given the vehicle the benefit of the doubt.

A sample size of one bloke on Facebook does not make a sustainable argument.

Are you aware of a thing called cognitive bias?

Minlak

custom titis
Potential Disciple - Can I ask a Question dear Cult Leader
Cult Leader - Of course you can my son
Potential Disciple - Should I join your Cult?
Cult Leader - Of course you should my Son
Potential Disciple - Sounds legit - Sign me up

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
So fucking sorry for posting the best answer. Most of the time I get one answer here but I don't tell you to fuck off and come back with more supporting evidence.

And what the fuck do you mean by 'mansplaining'?

moorey

call me Mia
So fucking sorry for posting the best answer. Most of the time I get one answer here but I don't tell you to fuck off and come back with more supporting evidence.

Jebus....a bit early in the day for a stroke, innit?:oops:
My comment was serious though......did you post it because it was the best answer, or the answer you liked the best?
If was going to explain mansplaining, I would have to mansplain, sorry.

HamboCairns

Ok, so you spent all that time mansplaining to a group where a vast majority have a decent understanding of how a car works.

If you'd come back with any sort of evidence that these were your own observations and experiences I would have given the vehicle the benefit of the doubt.

A sample size of one bloke on Facebook does not make a sustainable argument.

Are you aware of a thing called cognitive bias?
Yes I am. I'm not here to sell you a car, I just thought I'd be helpful and put those questions out because I didn't know the answers to them.

Be as skeptical as you like, it doesn't affect me or my purchase decision. But don't accuse me of being some kind of shill.

HamboCairns

Jebus....a bit early in the day for a stroke, innit?:oops:
My comment was serious though......did you post it because it was the best answer, or the answer you liked the best?
If was to explain mansplaining, I would have to mansplain, sorry.
It was the best answer, most echoed that one comment but it was more work to copy and paste.

Most of the negatives revolve around software niggles that can and in some cases have been addressed via software updates.

Otherwise the overwhelming majority have been positive and from their personal experience taking them Offroad and towing.

Bear in mind that these were released in December, there's not a lot of history good or bad to go on. Just current experience.

When I was researching it fit the bill perfectly for my needs, it was made up of quality components, performed well and was cheaper than a lot of Ute's with that level of luxury.

HamboCairns

So your not including all the answers that say Chinese designed products are still catching up to products designed elsewhere but are made in China?
That's the current thinking anyway, why would I try to change anyone's mind on that given their last Ute wasn't that great.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yes I am. I'm not here to sell you a car, I just thought I'd be helpful and put those questions out because I didn't know the answers to them.

Be as skeptical as you like, it doesn't affect me or my purchase decision. But don't accuse me of being some kind of shill.
No accusations here. I just think you're trying to justify your spend to the wrong audience. Mountain bikers are mostly mechanically savvy, and rely on their equipment to get them out of difficult areas to access. There is no room for doubt that their machine will deliver that. Then the majority of Rotorburn users are older than we care to admit and have seen China copy/paste for many years using inferior materials. I'm not saying they're not getting better. But they still have much to prove.

Just call it for what it is. It's a cheap Ute that you're prepared to roll the dice on.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Rookie move trying to explain things logically around here…

moorey

call me Mia
It was the best answer, most echoed that one comment but it was more work to copy and paste.

Most of the negatives revolve around software niggles that can and in some cases have been addressed via software updates.

Otherwise the overwhelming majority have been positive and from their personal experience taking them Offroad and towing.

Bear in mind that these were released in December, there's not a lot of history good or bad to go on. Just current experience.

When I was researching it fit the bill perfectly for my needs, it was made up of quality components, performed well and was cheaper than a lot of Ute's with that level of luxury.
Cool. I wish you well with it. I don't know jack about them and buy used junk with other peoples problems....both utes and bikes actually.
Seriously, I really only questioned your confirmation bias on the info you took on board from others. It that's not the case, you do you.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
No accusations here. I just think you're trying to justify your spend to the wrong audience. Mountain bikers are mostly mechanically savvy, and rely on their equipment to get them out of difficult areas to access.
Considering this forum is filled with middle aged dudes justifying their spend on 10k superbikes made in china I thought it would be the right spot.
The most difficult to reach area is the pub after 'schralping' in the carpark with <20psi in the tyre.

HamboCairns

Cool. I wish you well with it. I don't know jack about them and buy used junk with other peoples problems....both utes and bikes actually.
Seriously, I really only questioned your confirmation bias on the info you took on board from others. It that's not the case, you do you.
It's not, I was just trying to be helpful.

And I appreciate the well wishes.

This just started with me posting a photo of my new Ute, I don't recall calling all Ute owners here suckers for overpaying for Hiluxes or Rangers (which I don't think anyone is btw).