Project Mulleting!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Play forks have arrived. Now, I know they had Kashima issues so I'm not worried. The seals look fine. The area where the kashima has come off is smooth but "lumpy". Should I take to it with some 1200 (or higher) Wet/Dry and smooth the area off?
View attachment 376374
Is that steer tube meant to hang down so low, looks like it may be loose?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
And only 1-2 ton to push stanchions out. Whenever you have top caps out, check for gaps between stanchion and crown. Some stanchions in the press take little more effort then just moving the press into position

Flow-Rider

Burner
Looks like they're installed all over the place at different heights but as long it's not loose, just looked a bit suspect with the rust all over it.

moorey

call me Mia
Works for Troy. Should work well for any other 65kg/5'7" riders.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Counts me out. I’m 172 and 72.

I’m sure there are benefits for some. I just dislike the push by companies bringing them out mullet only, and the marketing hype.

I know numerous state level elite enduro riders who did it 2 years ago, swore it was the best thing ever, then quietly went back to matching wheels.

I was mullet on the 222 in 2002…to slacken the HA and stop the rear wheel hitting seat tube. It had some advantages….rolling over obstacles in the rear wasn’t one.
I’ve had a couple of plays over the last few years with a 27.5 wheel and shorter travel fork on 26” bikes. I didn’t notice any better rolling front end, but missed the travel, albeit only about 20mm.

YMMV, it’s just not the panacea they are trying to shove down everyone’s throats.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

I’m sure there are benefits for some. I just dislike the push by companies bringing them out mullet only, and the marketing hype.

I know numerous state level elite enduro riders who did it 2 years ago, swore it was the best thing ever, then quietly went back to matching wheels.

I was mullet on the 222 in 2002…to slacken the HA and stop the rear wheel hitting seat tube. It had some advantages….rolling over obstacles in the rear wasn’t one.
I’ve had a couple of plays over the last few years with a 27.5 wheel and shorter travel fork on 26” bikes. I didn’t notice any better rolling front end, but missed the travel, albeit only about 20mm.

YMMV, it’s just not the panacea they are trying to shove down everyone’s throats.
Maybe not but people won't adopt unless it's put out to market and supported. Otherwise it's left to fringe users like yourself that are happy to mix and match and understand suspension and geometry. Most people just want to know it's designed that way and it won't be a pig to ride.

Minlak

custom titis
Maybe not but people won't adopt unless it's put out to market and supported. Otherwise it's left to fringe users like yourself that are happy to mix and match and understand suspension and geometry. Most people just want to know it's designed that way and it won't be a pig to ride.
Lies - most people still don't know - who do you believe? The marketing people for Mullet or the marketing people for 27.5 or the marketing people for 29? Honestly 98% of people would be 100% better off actually riding their fucking bike and smiling - stop thinking they are missing out cause you read it and some elite told me so!

Minlak

custom titis
To be clear if @DMan wants to Mullet - do it dude - ride what you want - how you want - when you want - I am all for why not! - Just get tired of people spouting marketing bullshit like it will actually make a difference for them at all.

moorey

call me Mia
Lies - most people still don't know - who do you believe? The marketing people for Mullet or the marketing people for 27.5 or the marketing people for 29? Honestly 98% of people would be 100% better of actually riding their fucking bike and smiling - stop thinking they are missing out cause you read it and some elite told me so!
Since breaking the 27.5 spitty, I’m doing all my km’s on the old 26” alpine, and couldn’t be happier. Had truly forgotten the fun and simplicity of a solid SP 26 bike. It had been mulleted when last ridden. It’s more fun 26.

moorey

call me Mia
To be clear if @DMan wants to Mullet - do it dude - ride what you want - how you want - when you want - I am all for why not! - Just get tired of people spouting marketing bullshit like it will actually make a difference for them at all.
For sure. As I said YMMV. I’m all for having a crack….it’s just easy to fool yourself how much better things are when new. At least it is for me.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

You half mulleted. 27.5/26 isn't a real mullet. Get the fuck out of my thread you negative Nancy ( I apologise to anyone called Nancy)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I agree. I'm not doing this for any other reason than curiosity and that I'm now guaranteed to be able to ride like an EWS rider