What does your day look like?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did you have the matching pump up kero blow torch too? My old man used to use one to strip paint from internal doors. a different time.
Haha. How do I say this politely - I think I saw one when I was a child. :p:D Mum and dad had a block of (bush) land in central Vic with a shed/shack on it until a few years back. It was sort of like glamping but with a lot more dust, woodsmoke and huntsman spiders. It was off-grid, so before they got batteries and compact flouros (then eventually low voltage LEDs), the ol' hurricane lamps were the go-to.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Reminds me of hurricane lamps and going camping. Dad always used metho to thin paint (thank god that's not a things anymore!).
Gee, for some reason this makes me think of the besser block incinerator that my Dad had when I was kid.

There was a certain joy of throwing stuff in it. Thankfully those days are long gone.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
This ships ladder was onsite when we bought this place, leaning incorrectly in two dimensions on the sloping rock. As my stair project has hit a stringer-supply-snag (fuckers lied to me re: "we have them in stock") I spent the last few days chipping out the sandstone to fit the ladder level & plumb (from the tread perspective) and made up a top platform to suit:

Wifey doing her best "thinking person's" impression.

Damn ladder would have to weigh 150kg...was a PITA moving it about solo. Supporting arms are set deep into the rock & grouted. It ain't moving a millimeter.

I’ll have composite decking timber left over when I build the stairs & landing between the house & the water so that’ll finish the platform.

No slide yet.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
This ships ladder was onsite when we bought this place, leaning incorrectly in two dimensions on the sloping rock. As my stair project has hit a stringer-supply-snag (fuckers lied to me re: "we have them in stock") I spent the last few days chipping out the sandstone to fit the ladder level & plumb (from the tread perspective) and made up a top platform to suit:

View attachment 374755

View attachment 374756

View attachment 374757

Wifey doing her best "thinking person's" impression.

Damn ladder would have to weigh 150kg...was a PITA moving it about solo. Supporting arms are set deep into the rock & grouted. It ain't moving a millimeter.

I’ll have composite decking timber left over when I build the stairs & landing between the house & the water so that’ll finish the platform.

No slide yet.
The Captain looks dubious.....

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spilt Laphroaig, surely that's grounds for an instant dismissal?
And he hates the smell! Like his whiskey Irish. Was a funny night. Same guy dropped a 1/3 full bundy bottle at the start of a shift a long time ago. Nobody liked that smell!!!

Well, for us all. Reminds me of painting a house and cleaning things.
Reminds me of snow holidays I the land of kerosine heaters and cutting edge technology.

Afternoon well spent smashing the dirt lumps. Felt way more comfortable than last Monday! Followed by Brazilian dinner. Belly is rather full now.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Reminds me of snow holidays I the land of kerosine heaters and cutting edge technology.

Afternoon well spent smashing the dirt lumps. Felt way more comfortable than last Monday! Followed by Brazilian dinner. Belly is rather full now.
Ah, the kerosene heater. I remember those and the aroma plus thinking that it will have to blow up soon.

Your day beat mine. Painted a room and promised myself a ride but ran out of time in the end so drowning my sorrow in a rather nice Drambuie with ice. I don't mind painting but it can eat a bag of dicks today.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ah, the kerosene heater. I remember those and the aroma plus thinking that it will have to blow up soon.

Your day beat mine. Painted a room and promised myself a ride but ran out of time in the end so drowning my sorrow in a rather nice Drambuie with ice. I don't mind painting but it can eat a bag of dicks today.
I loathe the future in which I need to pain my house. It is never too far away.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I loathe the future in which I need to pain my house. It is never too far away.
It isn't that bad. Just buy the 15L tradie professional paint - not the Bunnings retail ones - and get it tinted the colour you want.
Those paints are worth it in that they cover well and don't splatter much if you are sensible and only smell like death for a 1-2 days afterwards. Get the biggest roller you can find and you can do cornices with the roller too if you are careful.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Took my bike out to Fox Creek to do a lap before my vollie shift started.
My boys said they seen you. You helped them out with a non planned Gravity Enduro liaison stage mess up.

I tell them every time, sit down the night before, look at liaison stage layout and work out the order of your stages, write it on your arm and tell any of your sendy gnar enduro boi dickhead mates that decide to venture from the plan to eff off on their own. They ended up with more climbing than necessary, as usual :p

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
My boys said they seen you. You helped them out with a non planned Gravity Enduro liaison stage mess up.

I tell them every time, sit down the night before, look at liaison stage layout and work out the order of your stages, write it on your arm and tell any of your sendy gnar enduro boi dickhead mates that decide to venture from the plan to eff off on their own. They ended up with more climbing than necessary, as usual :p
Ha. I was looking out for them, and then when I was helping them, didn't even recognise them. I was a bit fuzzy eyed and fuzzy headed by that stage.

That lad in their group that won is the problem. He is a selfish, lazy, obnoxious brat. All the other crew in their group were cool.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk