Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Whoa... so that'll be at least $6k for a carbon frame then. probably closer to $7k if you want an X2 or coil on it.
Pass. I'll get a Zerode, Forbidden or Deviate for that kind of money.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Pass. I'll get a Zerode, Forbidden or Deviate for that kind of money.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
...or a Nicolai G15 GPI (ie: frameset and Pinion gearbox). Initial price is a massive hurdle, but you would save money on driveline parts in the long-run.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Stop reminding me of my lack of exclusivity. Anyway, it's all your doing so..

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'd imagine most companies that don't make frames in house will be quietly bumping their prices up by similar amounts come July - August when the 2022 revisions and new frames come out, and citing similar reasons to Santa Cruz for doing so.
+1, was thinking the same. Once prices go up then they rarely drop back down. There will be all sorts of reasons to do it plus I suspect that most of the modern CF blob looking frames are made by the same groups. Quite a few sure look too similar to me.

Nothing a few extra root canals won't cover for the dentist buyer :oops:

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Bwahahahaha!

Brand Manager Seb Kemp: “We didn’t expect to be here so we’re not making any bets on whether suppliers are going to roll back their prices to us in the future.”
Like that has EVER happened

Looks like it won't just be Rocky Mountain that gets shit-canned for upping their RRPs

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Uk companies just got hit with Brexit, I wonder if they will have to up their prices again?

I'm so happy I bought when I did.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Easily. RRP on the previous model 5010 is close enough at 5700 already
This was the RRP just before the V4 was released.

They were rumoured to drop down to around $4500 to clear them out before the V4 hit the shores but they didn't seem to go that way in reality.
Then covid hit and here were are again. It was still cheaper to import directly from a US run out sale for me.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
+1, was thinking the same. Once prices go up then they rarely drop back down.
Yeah absolutely. Sounds like supply lines have been hit hard everywhere and the increased costs in transport / shipping, then the blatant dig SC had at Trump's "easily winnable" trade war in their statement - I'd imagine these issues would be faced by everyone and we'll all be paying more for pretty much everything we import as a result.