The QUICK question thread.....

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Why are large sized folk tightarses?

All the medium size bikes seem to be coming back down to earth but large size bikes are being hoarded like mad, or they want covid tax x2.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Why are large sized folk tightarses?

All the medium size bikes seem to be coming back down to earth but large size bikes are being hoarded like mad, or they want covid tax x2.
Because decent used bikes in XL sizing are like hen's teeth. Plus with the vast majority of bikes up until a year or two ago, the XL sizes were more like a large with a longer-than desirable seat-tube. Low supply, high demand, bugger all new options. We all know this story by now...

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
While we are mentioning Hope is their current blue a darker blue or lighter blue? Photos look to be on the darker side?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Mine were definitely thicker than 2mm, they read 2mm now after a year of running metal pads.
I measured two new rotors as well, mine were purchased not long after the Cura 4's were released IIRC, maybe they thickened them up after that?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I measured two new rotors as well, mine were purchased not long after the Cura 4's were released IIRC, maybe they thickened them up after that?
Sorry, just checked again, look like 1.9mm, verniers must have moved as I removed them from the rotor.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I have a Maxle stealth axle on the Rockshox Recon, but taking the wheel on and off to fit the bike in the car is a ballache. Are there any alternatives to the Maxle Lite/Ultimate or should I stick to the RS ones?