COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Me too, (only I'm 5am ya slacker) it has not affected me in any way, I am more than pleased about that. My missus is community care and old age care, her too... though she likes to have a whinge about shit regardless.

Tradies for the future win !
Used to be 5:30, but the traffic of late has been amazing, to the point where driving up the Monash city bound can be done at more or less the speed limit instead of considering grabbing your drill and walking

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Used to be 5:30, but the traffic of late has been amazing, to the point where driving up the Monash city bound can be done at more or less the speed limit instead of considering grabbing your drill and walking
Enjoy while it lasts, 5:30 will be back soon... to the enjoyment of those not in the lucky camp.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do know what Michael O'Brian looks like, (yet his face is somewhat easier to recognize rather than recall), and that he is the vic state liberal party opposition leader, but he only seems to pop up in the media when he makes yet another asinine demand for Dan Andrews to resign.
It seems to be his only function. he appears to have less personality than a block of plain tofu.
Yes that’s the bloke and the other guy Tim Smith, who gunning for his job, wants to kill all the bats in his suburb of kew because of the covid. Our state is in safe hands..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Believe it or not, construction has been crippled by stage 4.

All renovations in an occupied residence has been stopped.

No more that 5 people on site at a domestic site

Commercial works reduced to 25% on site

Emergency works can go ahead though, so plumbers and sparkies seem to be keeping busy for the most part still. At least in the domestic market we're doing ok.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Stage 4 would have a significant impact on construction in Vic. The job keeper stats I refer to were before stage 4 and aust wide rather than vic..

Professional services does my head in, i have heard barristers getting it because court isn’t sitting.. I work with small scale tradies so I kinda know what’s happening in that space.. Stage 4 has shut them down.. But the jobs are piling up while they are doing the gardening at home.. It’s not all doom and gloom..

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Me too, (only I'm 5am ya slacker) it has not affected me in any way, I am more than pleased about that. My missus is community care and old age care, her too... though she likes to have a whinge about shit regardless.

Tradies for the future win !
your wife prob likes to whinge about shit cos she’s in it up to her eyeballs, every now & then i had to collect samples from difficult oldies, they would swear at me with every word under the sun (& from someone who didn’t know me), depressing places, & i hated the smell. i know heaps have died in nursing homes, but for many it’s not a way to live

PS what’s with the avatar change, looks %#^@...oops sorry

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
]

Professional services does my head in, i have heard barristers getting it because court isn’t sitting.. I work with small scale tradies so I kinda know what’s happening in that space.. Stage 4 has shut them down.. But the jobs are piling up while they are doing the gardening at home.. It’s not all doom and gloom..
catholic priests have been collecting, no bowls being passed around on sundays i guess. what happened to vows of poverty

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
PS what’s with the avatar change, looks %#^@...oops sorry
I made a Tin Foil hat in work a few months back, someone took a picture.

Was thinking with all this conspiracy stuff, I would protect myself from it.

It wasn't dress up day... dont know whats going on with pocahontas in the background. Its not normal... but it takes a lot different kinds of people to run a Power Station.

EDIT: Lets get rid of that shirt logo :p

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
catholic priests have been collecting, no bowls being passed around on sundays i guess. what happened to vows of poverty
Don't confuse priests with nuns.

Job keeper - payments made to subsidise wages.

Job seeker - payments made to people looking for work.

The construction industry generates a lot of profit, and those companies (often but not exclusively known as developers) tend to make very significant contributions to the political machine. Well not in NSW of course, that would be corrupt...

Hospitality on the other hand has experienced wide spread shit downs and being an industry with high turn over, a lot of staff don't hold their jobs for more than a year. It's also the kind of shit gig riddled with under employment, casualisation, and underpayment. Oh and the age is low. So a lot of people have (apparently) gone "fuck it! I'll stay home." And good on them! If they have. None of the kids I work with did, they all wanted to keep working. Some (self as well) even started new jobs despite.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I made a Tin Foil hat in work a few months back, someone took a picture.

Was thinking with all this conspiracy stuff, I would protect myself from it.

It wasn't dress up day... dont know whats going on with pocahontas in the background. Its not normal... but it takes a lot different kinds of people to run a Power Station.

EDIT: Lets get rid of that shirt logo :p

View attachment 366525
A refreshing change from Moorey's buttocks :)