Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We should be having a regularly occurring public holiday to fight our weight problem...monthly exercise day or something.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
If the greatest, most pressing, problem of our time is the contention over the date of a public holiday, I think we're in a really great place.
I have worked the better part of the past decade in Aboriginal healthcare, and in a relative sense, this Australia Day drama is a serious dose of trying to turn the oven off when the house is already on fire.

But it's the usual thing, it's a way of making people feel like they're making a difference without having to actually do anything (you have the day off anyway right?) and has very little to do with actually achieving anything. Which is why I err on the side of caution when it comes to symbolic politics to begin with.
Obviously there are far greater issues, the same could have been said about same sex marriage but surely trying to solve something is better than nothing. From little things, big things grow.

Z

Zaf

Obviously there are far greater issues, the same could have been said about same sex marriage but surely trying to solve something is better than nothing. From little things, big things grow.
I know text can lack tone, so just to clarify I'm not being sarcastic when I say; Your song references today are on point!

One of those people said that the obvious thing would be for Australia to become go full Republic, get a new a flag and call that day our national day. Maybe thats the ultimate resolution, maybe it's not but I'm sure this topic will become more of a thing as time goes on.
Its my opine that that is the only way the date will change, and that that will not remedy the issue that is being used as the reason for the change.

I also like the opportunity to use a double that.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, but while we are so busy fixing these important, but actually quite straight forward simple problems there are a whole range of big issues we should actually be concerned about getting right that will take a lot of effort. Housing affordability and energy security are two of the bigger issues that aren't easy to solve, and even they are a diversion from other problems.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yes, but while we are so busy fixing these important, but actually quite straight forward simple problems there are a whole range of big issues we should actually be concerned about getting right that will take a lot of effort. Housing affordability and energy security are two of the bigger issues that aren't easy to solve, and even they are a diversion from other problems.
But generally the people who are arguing about the date aren't the people we would want to turn to for solutions to energy security and even somewhat housing affordability, perhaps it's better to keep the "kids" busy while the "grown ups" look for the solutions.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Let me guess, you vote Liberal? Such condescension.
No, I typically vote donkey on the premise that none of the promises will be kept anyway. I should clarify that when I said "kids" I meant mostly politicians and the media and "grown ups" referred to the scientific community and intellectuals. Also no I dont have solutions to any of the problems so would consider myself eating dinner at the kids table.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If we're going to celebrate on January the 26th I feel we should celebrate what that date truly meant: The establishment of a penal colony in the glorious name of Her Majesty.

Australia Day celebrations should be a day of enforced hard labour / community service as a way of all you descendants of pig thieves, vagabonds and Catholics to give thanks that your ancestors were spared the noose!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If we're going to celebrate on January the 26th I feel we should celebrate what that date truly meant: The establishment of a penal colony in the glorious name of Her Majesty.

Australia Day celebrations should be a day of enforced hard labour / community service as a way of all you descendants of pig thieves, vagabonds and Catholics give thanks that your ancestors were spared the noose!
Can we have public floggings?

stirk

Burner
One of those people said that the obvious thing would be for Australia to become go full Republic, get a new a flag and call that day our national day. Maybe thats the ultimate resolution, maybe it's not but I'm sure this topic will become more of a thing as time goes on.
BREXIT, why don't we AUSEXIT, we could have sex in our headlines...

Australia Day celebrations should be a day of enforced hard labour / community service as a way of all you descendants of pig thieves, vagabonds and Catholics to give thanks that your ancestors were spared the noose!
I hard "labour" everyday at the sperm donation clinic to ensure I enforce the genes of my ancestors upon the population so they are spared oblivion. :)

Mica

Likes Dirt
Local Bike Shops. How the fuck do you not have chainring bolts in stock!!!! I reckon I’ve got about 20 in the spares box at home.

Now off the fuckwits thread for forgetting to loctite them and having to walk home.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Special order...+post. Will be here in a week or so mate.
it goes more like this...... " yeah look mate i know you want to ride this weekend but those bolts are a small item and we just don't carry small item parts any more, too much inventory. I'll put it on the list for orders this month, we have fucked over about another dozen guys on this list waiting till we get a quantity order that is worth doing, is there anything else you need that we dont have in stock?"