Aldi bike stuff

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Picked up the repair stand just now.

Can't complain, holds the the bike. Desn't wobble too much. I'm happy for 40 bucks

The only issue is if I clamp on the seat post there isn't enough grip in the top arm to stop it from rotating to have the front hanging low. But funnily enough this leaves all the mechanical bits I would be fiddling with on about the same level.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
OMG what is wrong with you! Why is your garage so tidy?! Not enough riding for sure ;)
Yeah, something's not right there. For 1, where are the rest of the bikes, there should be at least....3 more. And all the greasy rags? Bits of furniture? Tools? Bike Parts? And how did you fit a car in there?

Now I'm just describing my garage. Carry on.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
OMG what is wrong with you! Why is your garage so tidy?! Not enough riding for sure ;)
Yeah, something's not right there. For 1, where are the rest of the bikes, there should be at least....3 more. And all the greasy rags? Bits of furniture? Tools? Bike Parts? And how did you fit a car in there?

Now I'm just describing my garage. Carry on.
I run a tight ship. ;)

Older picture but you get the idea...

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I run a tight ship. ;)

Older picture but you get the idea...
You'd have a heart attack walking into my garage. It's a workout just for me to dig out the weights bench from the pile of stuff that seems to accumulate on top of it. By the time I finally clear enough to use it, I've already had a good workout.

Add to that the fact that it doubles as a laundry, the plethora of tools & old building bits/wood/etc and all the furniture my Mrs' likes to collect and well, walking space is at a premium.

Mind you, first thing I did on getting the place was install bike racks so they get their own designated space and nothing gets leaned up against them, priorities and all.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much were the racks???
$99 each.

Got a year to return them, so once I open them up and use them if they turn out to be made of play doh or similar, I will just return them.

I just can't see how they aren't from the same factory.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Spewing! Went to the local Aldi straight after work to snap up a work stand, and they completely sold out in one day. Bah!

Ghostee

Likes Dirt
Spewing! Went to the local Aldi straight after work to snap up a work stand, and they completely sold out in one day. Bah!
I went at 745 tonight to my local and they well over 50 left, find more Aldis!!
Seems quite sturdy, am pleasantly surprised..

stirk

Burner
I went at 745 tonight to my local and they well over 50 left, find more Aldis!!
Seems quite sturdy, am pleasantly surprised..
No Shit? I'll have to have a sniff around tomorrow. Cheers, mate!
The Aldi stand is fine and does a good job, just look out for the red clamp cushions ss they can come off easily and go missing if kids, cats and dogs are lurking.

I bought 2 pairs of the lined shorts.
Seem to be pretty good quality. Outer layer is a stretchy material. the liner is very similar to my Endura liners with a nice pad. Liner is only attached to the shorts at the back.
There is a zipped pocket on the lower leg that is perfect for my Otter Boxed phone.

I got XL (i'm a 38" waist) and they are a snug/tight fit. I think this is how they are supposed to be worn though.
Going riding today so I will report back how they go.