Yetois Super Bike

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Boy it's been a while. After so many years riding the brands i used to import; from Nicolai to NPJ to Morewood, i have now made a step into the Yeti world.
And i must say i am really enjoying myself so far.

Just recently acquired this Large black SB-66. I know, pretty common by now, but hey i did a decent job with it i think. Having always ridden DH and XC i never saw the 6" market being very appealing. Seeing how light and efficient those bikes have become and the emergence of enduro races i bit the bullet.

Anyway here it is:

Specs are pretty obvious:

Full XTR 1x10 Gruppo
Thomson this and that
Easton wheels with Nobby Nic's tubeless
Fox back/front
Deity Dirty 30 bars with ESI silicone grips

Attachments

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Not really. I would say anywhere around 12.5 to 13kg.

Pedals really well uphills and holds fantastic momentum through the rough.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Nice rig mate! I am almost a year on my '66 and love it - does everything well. Been considering going 1x10 also... but love the low low gear for big climbs. Ive got the carbon version and set up similar to yours is 11.9kg.

ChopSticks

Banned
that looks sweet, so much more menacing in black then the blue colour they have... eh norm ;)
I was going to get the Black...but Yeti stopped producing Turquoise/ano blue Linkages after the 1st patch.... so it was a toss up between Black with GOLD bling, or Turq.... I ended up with the turq becuase..... who wouldn't buy their first Ferrari in red :p

I just hope they bring out a Turq SB66c like the 95 that just came out :D (another reason i didnt get the carbon in the first place was the..lack of colour)

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Nice rig mate! I am almost a year on my '66 and love it - does everything well. Been considering going 1x10 also... but love the low low gear for big climbs. Ive got the carbon version and set up similar to yours is 11.9kg.
Honestly if you can afford to lose the front derailleur and get a Shadow + or clutch sram derailleur i wouldnt look back. Riding road also helps not needing a super small ration.
I ride 34 tooth up front and 11-36 cassette. So far so good. Early days however.

How do you find the CTD's?
I only have CTD up front and it seems ok so far. I'm a big fan of less is more. My only consideration for the future is a Reverb post and potentially34's but quite frankly i'm quite used to 32's from my Morewood Zula.

Last edited:

Keven

Likes Dirt
I have 34's and they are terrible. If you can live with the extra height/weight/head angle, go a 36 Float RLC

My 2c

Keven

Likes Dirt
I have the 34 160's on my Yeti which has been shortened down to 150mm.
I found there is not enough compression tuning on them and have a tendency of blowing through the travel very easy and diving under brakes.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
To be honest it's a bit of a trade mark from fox, according to sea otter news they have improved tuning but then again they say that every year.
Coming from Bos suspension I am a bit spoilt in that department.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
I like to be efficient on the bike. Always been high on DH bike or XC bike.
This one is no different and doesn't hold me back for aggressive stuff.

markb84

Likes Dirt
I have the 34 160's on my Yeti which has been shortened down to 150mm.
I found there is not enough compression tuning on them and have a tendency of blowing through the travel very easy and diving under brakes.
This has even been recognised as an issue by fox. They've completely overhauled the compression dampin in the 2014 line up because of it. 34s are getting bad write ups left, right and centre.