Yarra Trails regulars

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Yeah agree

Only spot in real need is the inner loop in Annulus billabong.
Yeah the bit closest to the river I take it. That would have to be the worst section on the YT's for sure now. Massive holes/ruts. Plus the added bonus of men shagging each other in the glades nearby or just walking around naked. A lot of incentive to a avoid it

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yeah the bit closest to the river I take it. That would have to be the worst section on the YT's for sure now. Massive holes/ruts. Plus the added bonus of men shagging each other in the glades nearby or just walking around naked. A lot of incentive to a avoid it
You see naked men wanting to shag and I see trail fairies wanting to help me. Could be awkward if I've got this wrong

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
You see naked men wanting to shag and I see trail fairies wanting to help me. Could be awkward if I've got this wrong
Put hard hats and hi-vis vests on them and they are good to go. Or.... they could be new recruits for the Village People.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Have ridden from Richmond to Pettys over the last few days and the trails are in good condition. Recent rain has helped bed down the soft bits.

Saw a stunning tiger snake, a powerful owl and its youngster and had a blast. Amazing that we can ride 30- 50kms of single track out the front door. Boring people will find everything boring.

I have started riding with a bell to signal others on blind corners. Quite surprised how much I used it- found it quiet annoying- do others find it an issue/ risk/ non issue?

Last edited:
Have ridden from Richmond to Pettys over the last few days and the trails are in good condition. Recent rain has helped bed down the soft bits.

Saw a stunning tiger snake, a powerful owl and its youngster and had a blast. Amazing that we can ride 30- 50kms of single track out the front door. One is only limited by oneself. Boring people will find everything boring.

I find that I have less time and opportunity to travel for rides so the Yarra is so valuable, rewarding and needed

I have started riding with a bell to signal others on blind corners. Quite surprised how much I used it- found it quiet annoying- do others find it an issue/ risk/ non issue?
Having had a head on today just up from Burke Rd, it's a strategy I'm considering....

acads

Likes Dirt

Saw a stunning tiger snake, a powerful owl and its youngster and had a blast. Amazing that we can ride 30- 50kms of single track out the front door. Boring people will find everything boring.

I've always had a bell, most people are happy to hear you coming. Some not so much.

If I spot a fellow rider in the single track I'll give it a ring just so they are aware.

btw, the repair work on the YT ST is fantastic, thanks all.

Adam

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I've always had a bell, most people are happy to hear you coming. Some not so much.

If I spot a fellow rider in the single track I'll give it a ring just so they are aware.

btw, the repair work on the YT ST is fantastic, thanks all.

Adam
Yeah mate it is really just between Bonds and Burke where it is unidirectional and tight and overgrown that it is an issue. I will keep my bell on.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah mate it is really just between Bonds and Burke where it is unidirectional and tight and overgrown that it is an issue. I will keep my bell on.
The other spot is in Westerfolds downstream from Fitzys Lane , nearly got cleaned up there on Sat. I had time to stop and this guy was just careering towards me and stopped with about a cm to spare...

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Thanks to the trail fairies for their work in behind Annulus, it’s a big improvement.

The ST upstream of the dipper with the tree in it is starting to get loose with all of the activity and lack of rain.

Plenty of people out on Sunday and thankfully no near misses on the blind corners. I did pass a guy using a bell near the golf course.

al_

Likes Dirt
The other spot is in Westerfolds downstream from Fitzys Lane , nearly got cleaned up there on Sat. I had time to stop and this guy was just careering towards me and stopped with about a cm to spare...
I ended up on top of a guy in the peninsula bit of Westerfolds near Odyssey House recently. It was awkward.

No harm done but things got pretty intimate.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of my mates had a similar experience along Westerfolds but ended up in hospital with a broken neck. Some chumps fly along there without a care if someone is walking or riding the other way. I've started skipping that by doing the climb straight after the bridge after the Odyssey ST and then riding across.

Just had a ripper ride around the boathouses. Great day out, trails are great, and that stuff gives you a great workout in a small time. It's great we've got this stuff so close to our doors.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of my mates had a similar experience along Westerfolds but ended up in hospital with a broken neck. Some chumps fly along there without a care if someone is walking or riding the other way. I've started skipping that by doing the climb straight after the bridge after the Odyssey ST and then riding across.

Just had a ripper ride around the boathouses. Great day out, trails are great, and that stuff gives you a great workout in a small time. It's great we've got this stuff so close to our doors.
That's a good little climb. I've been going straight on over the bitumen track about 500m later and bearing right up the hill rather than left which adds a nice bit more climbing too.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is isn't it. I look forward to it. We don't have massive technical challenges along the YT's so nice to be pushed once and a while.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Heaps of debris on the trail between bonds and Hans too. I moved all the trees down today
I also got a tack in my front tyre at either Hans or Westerfolds. Not good

Big JD

Wheel size expert
A guy in a short tight dress walked past me in Annulus Loop. He was carrying a GoPro on a tripod. Around 5 minutes later I was riding West and came around a corner and almost slammed into the tripod. He was filming himself squatting on the trail in front of the camera showing his bits.
What do you say? I told hI'm he would get run over- I didn't really know what to say.
It is abit much in a public park I reckon

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
two trees down in Bruces- be careful. Will try and get in there tomorrow
You do a great job JD. I assume that was you on the warrandyte fb page. It is unbeliveable how people are so unappreciative and suspicious of ulterior motives. Seems all those posts are now deleted. ..