would a norco sasquatch be any good for dirt jumps?

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nah its an ns traffic. pretty sick frame. and for the record there is no 'best' street bike, just the best one for you. some people like low and slightly longer bikes while i prefer a high bb and short stays but a long top tube. but yeah dartmoors are really nice bikes. the Pols really know how to make them (note: i am heavily biased haha)
nah they are the best by far, lighter than anything, flip really easy, and stronger than anything!
a mate told me all about them...

Last edited:
not lighter than anything, the descendence 3point5 is lighter (look for my thread in post your ride, thats one of them) frame weight is 1.68kgs. a full 200g lighter than a dartmoor two6 player. i guess for dirt it could get much better but for street i think my 3point5 is much better, and would pretty much perfect if i lowered the fork. you see, geometry is largely preference. sure there is an ideal range for each value such as c/s and hta but there is no magic geometry that everyone will like. to keep this post on topic ill just throw in that the sasquatch is nowhere close to the before mentioned 'ideal range'. its too long, low and slack to be a good dj bike

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not lighter than anything, the descendence 3point5 is lighter (look for my thread in post your ride, thats one of them) frame weight is 1.68kgs. a full 200g lighter than a dartmoor two6 player. i guess for dirt it could get much better but for street i think my 3point5 is much better, and would pretty much perfect if i lowered the fork. you see, geometry is largely preference. sure there is an ideal range for each value such as c/s and hta but there is no magic geometry that everyone will like. to keep this post on topic ill just throw in that the sasquatch is nowhere close to the before mentioned 'ideal range'. its too long, low and slack to be a good dj bike
Umm nah it can't be the best, i don't know what "preference" is, but i sure do know that dartmoor would be so much nicer to ride than any other bike you can buy, they're made of lightweight metal and stuff, so they're really good! I rode a friend of a friends and it felt unbelievable! so light a flickable when i was dropping 3 stairs.

Preference:

•grant of favor or advantage to one over another
•a strong liking; "my own preference is for good literature"

you see, it might be the best for you, but everyone has an opinion on what the best street frame is, i prefer mine since the geometry is super compact and is in the top 3 lightest chromoly dj frames out there. all i know is if you think a sasquatch is a good dj bike, you havnt ridden a proper dj bike yet

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Preference:

•grant of favor or advantage to one over another
•a strong liking; "my own preference is for good literature"

you see, it might be the best for you, but everyone has an opinion on what the best street frame is, i prefer mine since the geometry is super compact and is in the top 3 lightest chromoly dj frames out there. all i know is if you think a sasquatch is a good dj bike, you havnt ridden a proper dj bike yet
HAHA man, i know what preference is, i was just messing with you the whole time and understand completely that there is no stand out "best" bike for dirt jumping/street. It started off as a joke between myself and elliot, but you decided to get involved and i couldn't resist playing along a bit further :)

Last edited:
Why would you put Fox forks on a Norco Sasquatch, sure there good, make that really good, but Rock Shox would have been good enough. I should know because I have a pair on my Ryde and they work good enough for what I do (jumps mainly).

Anyway, Rock Shox should be okay for a Norco Sasquatch.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why would you put Fox forks on a Norco Sasquatch, sure there good, make that really good, but Rock Shox would have been good enough. I should know because I have a pair on my Ryde and they work good enough for what I do (jumps mainly).

Anyway, Rock Shox should be okay for a Norco Sasquatch.
I thought you Ryde was broken, as you clearly state, on another thread

Or an STP or 250, what ever appears ebay first. Trust me, anything is better than the bike I ride at this point of time (Norco Ryde). Bent back wheel, and it is really badly scratched, and the crank is badly bent too.

Mate, I said that about the bike, did I say anything about the forks, no, they are the only thing that works, properly. And same with you, stop sending e-mails out to random people saying that me and Mr Brian are the same people!!!!!!: And get back to the subject.

HAHA man, i know what preference is, i was just messing with you the whole time and understand completely that there is no stand out "best" bike for dirt jumping/street. It started off as a joke between myself and elliot, but you decided to get involved and i couldn't resist playing along a bit further :)
lol ok, sarcasm doesnt convey very easily on forums. and if you want to put fox forks on a sasquatch id recommend getting you head examined. you might as well just save for a little bit more and get a new bike if its for dj

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yer dont bother upgrading your sasquatch if you want it to be a dj bike, just get a new bike, it'd be alot easier

p.s dartmoor are superior to every other bike:eek:

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys i was just wondering if you would go an STP over a sasquatch for an all round bike, like dirt jumps, downhill and freeride?

Last edited:

rideaholic

Cannon Fodder
what do reckon the average price would be for a second hand sasquatch would be?
Maybe an 07 model?
i got my 07 frame for $60.. its great.. only got a few scratches on it but apart from that its as new, the guy just had it lying round and he didnt want it anymore so he was happy to get rid of it :).. i was happier to take it

Guzman

Squid
hummm.....I have an old Bigfoot I am converting to DJ at the moment. I know its going to be heavy but I just couldnt see the wisdom in trying to sell it, as I'd probably only get $200 as is.

Decided it was better to hang onto it value-wise. I reckon its great to have a second bike, set up to a diff ride style that you can take out and thrash when you feel like a change in pace :cool:

Put simply, for DJ the Sasquatch would be average. But the forks would be too soft for really vert jumps to feel right. For park, please, for the love of god, do not even think about it. If you are serious about DJ and park, get the 125 or 250, not a Sasquatch

BMX/MTB DJ

Cannon Fodder
the frame is too long for park. as a DJ bike it goes well if you have rough terrain to get to the jump but is long and sluggish in the air. i'd suggest to move away from the sasquatch and spend that bit more or even less in some cases to get a smaller bike. i have the 2010 Jamis Kromo and the lenght is good but its too heavy for park in my opinion. the Norco Ryde is a great park set up bike. its small and fairly light. mt mate has one and it feels like a 24" but rides like a 26" and is lighter but not too light allowing for big air DJ without the feeling of the bike disappearing under you. hope this helps.