would a norco sasquatch be any good for dirt jumps?

wooffer

Likes Bikes
would the frame geometry and longer travel forks of a norco sasquatch be any good for dirt jumps and some street riding?
Could it also be converted into a singllespeed?

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i had a mate with one it jumped average, it just felt so big and slugish, for dirt jumps and street mabe you could think about like a norco 125 or 250 or one of the more dirtjump orientated bikes.
on the other hand i recon it would feel great for ht downhill,
dont get me wrong i dont own one, these are just my thoughts from riding and jumping my two mates with them

one of them had a Sasquatch and sold it and bought a 125, and he loved the change, reconed it felt so much better

Last edited:

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
would the frame geometry and longer travel forks of a norco sasquatch be any good for dirt jumps and some street riding?
Could it also be converted into a singllespeed?
yeah dude I had an 07 Sasquatch as a DJ bike, I converted it to single speed and took the front brakes off and it rode ever so smooth on dirt jumps. I mean an actual DJ bike would go better but I loved riding my sasquatch on dirt jumps it rode great. Until I sold it for a bmx I was gonna put some pikes on it and then it would of been perfect:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Mitch.F

Likes Dirt
i have a bigfoot in a 15" frame (frame is the same as a sasquash) it is VERY heavy and is just to big and chunky. it goes alright with dirt jumps and 4 cross once you get used to it but is hopless for street and park (due to size and weight) but if you want it for more DH, DJ and 4x it could be alright.

hope this helps

curtisb

Likes Dirt
hey man the new models (2008-2009) are ok for dirt jumps but way to heavy and dh inspired for street or skate parks, the 2007 and 06 modles are realy good for street and dirtjumps as they make these models for the dirtjump scene, which has now been replaced buy bikes with less travel like the 4 hun where they make the new ones to be a dh race hardtail

hope this is helpfull

hazza6542

Eats Squid
My mate has an 07 Sasquatch and he says it will hit dirt jumps just fine. That year of frames was a lot more dirt jump styled though.
If your thinking about getting a 2009 Sasquatch for dirt jumping, don't bother, just get a dirt jump specific bike. If you want a bike that will hit a 300 foot huck to flat and ride out of it though, Sasquatch is for you.

wooffer

Likes Bikes
what do reckon the average price would be for a second hand sasquatch would be?
Maybe an 07 model?

Last edited:

rington75

Likes Dirt
what do reckon the average price would be for a second hand sasquatch would be?
Maybe an 07 model?
I have the 07 model and do HT downhill and hit the 4X track @ Homebush with it but to answer your question, between $500 - 800, 800 would be the absolute max I would pay regardless of upgrades

Ride Konaz

Likes Dirt
i have a mate who had one. he could hit local dirt jumps on them but it was a bit sketchy. he could hit road gaps and big jumps on it and it was fine for that though

J-7

Squid
hey i've been riding a sasquatch for the past 2 years (07 model) and have been able to do pretty much everything with. I used on DH races mostly and it held up fairly well. I also used on DJ's a fair bit and also rode street and park on it every now and again. now i've changed it into a street bike with one rear brake and single speed and all that stuff but the forks can become annoying with there being so much travel. but I'm sellin it now for a proper DJ bike now, but yeah.Any way I reckon it's allright for DJ's but should be mainly used for hardtail Downhilling and freeriding and that sort of stuff. hope this answered ur question.

DjRyde

Likes Dirt
Heyy mann my friends got a norco wolverine which is like a sasquatch he uses it for most things that you said.

Glorified!!!

Likes Bikes
A sasquatch is said to be a bike designed for technical riding and jumping, and i used to ride 1 and it was fine for jumps also good for downhill. so yes

Sasquatches arn't the 'best' dirt jumping bike but they do go alright at jumping my friend has an 09 sasquatch and has no problem with dirt jumping on it

FLE

Likes Dirt
i have an 05 sasquatch and it goes fine, i actually race it on bmx tracks. once i set the fork air up

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
I got a mate who has an 08' Sassy and he converted it to SS, if he wasnt such a good rider it would be crap....but they go alright

Spotty

Likes Dirt
no i highly suggest a giant upland se
yes rock on. my first bike and learnt soooooo much stuff on it as a beginner. My little bro has it now and i love it coz i can still do those huge (well not really but for me) 100m wheelies i first learnt on it. Just dont consider it with bigger bikes like these... ;)