Wolf Creek - Worth Seeing?

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Hey all. I am thinking of seeing Wolf Creek. Has anyone seen this? Apparently people have been throwing-up, walking out and others have reported related nightmares! Sound friggin awesome eh...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Worth seeing? Apperntly not just yet according to some involved with the Peter Falconio/Bradley Murdoch case. They thought it might interfere with the trial as it was slightly reminiscent.

Tomgos

Likes Bikes
I saw a review of it on music max, and apparently it is an awesome movie, definately worth seeing. She said its fucking scary, and it even gave her nightmares (She's like the master horror movie critic).

I'm planning on seeing it when i comes to dvd, as im too lazy to go to the cinema's.

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
I wanna go soooo bad. See if its better than Sin City, probably not. :D
No movie has ever freaked me out, I have never jumped or got frightened in anyway, I found SAW to be quite humourous... Ill see if i can sneak in and see if its any good. Doubt it wil scare me though.

chrus

Likes Dirt
saw an advanced screening of wolf creek last week. very good imo. i say check it out..

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
johnny said:
Worth seeing? Apperntly not just yet according to some involved with the Peter Falconio/Bradley Murdoch case. They thought it might interfere with the trial as it was slightly reminiscent.
Oh yeh, i was drunk when my mate (who went to premiere) told me that. DO you know when they will be re-releasing the flick?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Saw it last night and it's pretty f###ing disturbing!

To be honest it's not that gory, and it's not that scary either (well at least not in the creepy way that movies like Alien, Jaws and the Ring are.)

It is however deeply unsettling. More so because the events that take place in the movie HAVE happened elsewhere in real life and not just in the outback either.

It's powerful enough to give you nightmares anyway!

Well worth seeing but dunno if I'd like to see it twice!

peanut

Likes Dirt
have to agree... it's pretty disturbing.G/F had nightmares after it. As mentioned above it's based on actual events from several cases, more so the ivan milat case. I think the fact that it happened in oz is the most disturbing part for me, and how easily it could happen.