QLD Why isn't the Garmin 24hr being held this Year ?

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I had to vote for a venue and a club that would do an awesome job it would be Blores Hill and the Gippsland crew.
The Blores hill track ( first ridden last year to huge praise )and the caravan park at the venue plus the community support that Gipplsand have seem like they could run an awesome event.

Personally i would not want to run a 24 hour race because I love sleeping.
Yeah, Blores would rock for a 24hr race.

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
Blores Hill rocks!!!!!!! Would be awesome... Let's get the ball rolling... CmOn Tim will you get on board?? Rich Paul at Bike n Bean suggest you yangs and yourself cause GMBC runs such awesome events and have awesome people involved..... Thanks Scott Blade...:)

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
need to ask the gippsland crew first.

I suggested blore hills because a had some dealings with the Gipsland crew last year and was really impressed with how keen they were, how they had been able to include the community in their race. and they were also really genuine people.
If they were able to run a 24 hour race at Blores Hill I think it could be a signature race for their club/area and it could raise some money and really lift the profile of Mt Biking in Gippsland .
Blore Hill has a wonderful track, which has room for extentions, it is generally not muddy and is in a rain shadow the carvan park is close by for showers .
And it is far enough away from Melbourne to make it an Event weekend for the area

It would be great if a Vic MTB Club Could run a 24hour event and the money raised could go back into improving the mtbing in the Gippsland area.

sossy

Saucier
Just saw a press release on the Southern Exposure Facecrack that they have included a 24 hour race, will also be a qualifier for WEMBO worlds in Canberra 2013.