why did you buy that bike

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
i have noticed alot of people (kids mainly) riding bikes that really are not what they should have got.

around camberwell i see heaps of kids on mega $$$ kona d/h bikes and always seeing ppl ride DJ bikes and most the time they look like they never have seen dirt.

im guessing most of it is people go into bike shops and see these DH bikes and think they would be good for day to day riding and not really care for what there designed to do (and have no respect for there knee's haha)

do bike shops advise these people what kinda bike they should get, moreso the kids in camberwell on the kona downhillers that there mega rich parents bought for them so they could show off to there friends...

anyway i have had to much to drink and just rambling on but it kinda stupid IMO

what you all think?

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahahahahahahaha random with stp's, norco's etc, i know how u feel, and the funny thing is its like there 2nd bike and the bikes worth mega bucks, and they cant ride, while im stuck here on my shwinn and could proably ride better then most of em;P

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noobs

Example of real "noob talk":
OMG LOLOLOLO U SUK!!!!!!!11
OMFG R U SERIUS??? <<PERSON>> IS SUCH A NEWBIEz0r$!!!1!!!11!!!1!
OMG KAN I HAV SOME FREE STUFFS PL0X!1!@!!

Example of joke "noob talk":
OMGWTFBBQ U SUK11oneone11!one
omfgkthxbai11one1+shift

The following is the likely etymology of n00b:
  1. newbie (new person)
  2. newby (variation of newbie)
  3. newb (shortened version of newbie)
  4. noob (a variant probably both for phonetics and Leetspeak, also sometimes used as slander)
  5. n00b (partial Leet speak of "noob")

S.

ex offender
Why does it matter what other people ride? As long as they're having fun, let em go. Yeah some people are fortunate enough to have rich parents who buy everything for them, but tell me you wouldn't be the same if you could have whatever bike you wanted, regardless of whether or not you could ride it as hard as other people.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like your just having a cry because someones got something better than you.

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
and1 said:
Sounds like your just having a cry because someones got something better than you.
not really, i ride an average xc bike and enjoy it, not a 4k DH bike that i would hate.
if i wanted a shit hot bike im sure i could get one. but it's not something thats a priority at the moment.
my first love is car audio and spent well over 25k on it and have one of the best sounding stereos in aust (see sig)
my bike comes after that (and beer and boobs)

it's just something thats annoyed me.

kinda like the latte crew and there barely use mega dollar bikes.

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
Sounds more to me like he's having a laugh about the kids who buy a bike without actually knowing what the bike is built for. At least they aren't likely to break their bikes quickly.

Anyway, I bought my bike so I could ride it everywhere. It does a good job for that too. :D

(Although all the big bad downhillers pay me out though for my little wussy bike) :p

Ok, Ok I was only kidding with that last comment.

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
Martin.au said:
Sounds more to me like he's having a laugh about the kids who buy a bike without actually knowing what the bike is built for. At least they aren't likely to break their bikes quickly.

here is a man who knows what im on about!! (again beer is not helping with the thinking thing)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
I have a really nice jump bike which never gets jumped!

It may be used for styles of riding other then dirt jumping but meh, it's getting used and that's what matters.

I'd rather a dumbshit on a Kona DH bike super commuting, then a turd hucking to flat yo on his super commuter ...

rowanr

Likes Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
I have a really nice jump bike which never gets jumped!

It may be used for styles of riding other then dirt jumping but meh, it's getting used and that's what matters.

I'd rather a dumbshit on a Kona DH bike super commuting, then a turd hucking to flat yo on his super commuter ...
ahahahahaha a super commuter. i've never heard that before. i guess i have a super commuter then, and a DH bike.

and the people around camberwell- especially that shithead on the orange kona- would be going to the skate park which isn't covered in dirt, hence why their bikes are still shiny :)

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
What the hell's a super-commuter??? I always thought a super-commuter was somebody's singlespeed fixie bastardized bike, painted an icky brown colour. Did I get mixed up with courier bikes?

alexb618

Likes Dirt
i do find it amusing seeing 16 year olds on $5k DH bikes that have never been ridden outside of the unley council area :)

but its not their fault, the parents just give them the money and they just buy the most expensive and fully sikest bike in the shop

bushy

Likes Bikes
Bobby_Digital said:
not really, i ride an average xc bike and enjoy it, not a 4k DH bike that i would hate.
If their riding stinky's, then there not really dh bikes, but fr bikes that are designed with ALL types of riding in mind. Just because a bikes got long travel doesn't mean it's a dh bike!

Bobby_Digital said:
my first love is car audio and spent well over 25k on it and have one of the best sounding stereos in aust (see sig)

Well aren't you a legend.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't really have time for the latte, soy or otherwise, and I don't really have a mega expensive road bike either. I guess I just ride on the road ...shrug.

bargar

Likes Dirt
alexb618 said:
i do find it amusing seeing 16 year olds on $5k DH bikes that have never been ridden outside of the unley council area :)

but its not their fault, the parents just give them the money and they just buy the most expensive and fully sikest bike in the shop
yes i do agree that these bikes are going to wast but at least the kids are doing somthing and not just seating on their arses all day long i will say that when i got my bike i did get the best one in the shop an old stp1 but i payed for it not me parents.

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Meh, I reckon it doesn't matter if they are riding super expensive bikes as long as they are having a good time. Yeah so what if some people are better off than us and don't know how to ride for shit. If my parents were SUPER MEGA rich then I probably would have myself a fully sick DH bike, a fully sick DJ bike and a fully sick FR bike regardless of how well I ride. There was a thread like this made a while ago aswell.

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
S. said:
Why does it matter what other people ride? As long as they're having fun, let em go. Yeah some people are fortunate enough to have rich parents who buy everything for them, but tell me you wouldn't be the same if you could have whatever bike you wanted, regardless of whether or not you could ride it as hard as other people.
Word.

I know i am very lucky to have the bike i have as a first bike, i didnt know much about bikes when i started so having mat and naz throw me suggestions was helpful. I know my bike isnt the most expensive thing out there, and there are plenty of bikes out there id love to own, but my bike is suited to me as a beginner :eek: and from what i have learnt about bikes, i know my bike isnt a piece of shit. So i am lucky and you should be thankful for what you have. Enough ranting.