who works in a bike shop???

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
just thought i would ask how many people are living the dream and working in a bike shop?
I started working at the lbs a few months ago and love it.

So post up where u work and what you do lets see what answers we get. :D

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
just thought i would ask how many people are living the dream and working in a bike shop?
I would have thought both 'Living the Dream' and 'Working in a Bike Shop' are mutually exclusive.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid
I've worked in a few before, but at the moment I'm truly living the dream.

(I'm unemployed, surviving off the government)

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt

"like"

working in a bike shop is great, your araound bikes all the time... unfortunantly most of them are crappy kmart bikes... and you pretty much spend all your life at work, with mayb the odd saturday to go riding, i know most of you go riding sunday but i havnt got outta home yet and sundays church day so pretty much yeh...

working in a bike shop is good,
you get abit jaded after a while tho :(

mlsred

Likes Dirt
I work in a bicycle shop.

Do not work there.
You will never save a penny.

Trust me.
I work as a bike mechanic in the inner eastern suburbs of Melbourne and I can vouch for that comment, many times something new rolls up in our shop "ooo shiny, pretty, must have"

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i work in a bike shop its good as im doing an apprenticeship so im learning new stuff everyday to make my own bike betta.

RCOH

Eats Squid
I'd love to work in a bike shop... any jobs out there??

Well, today is your lucky day.

I own a bike shop and I need a new person to work for me. You have just saved me the trouble of employing someone who has shown some interest & initiative by going out and visiting bike shops looking for work in his/her chosen field.

please send your resume to getoffyourass@lazypricksbikes.com.au, then come in and we'll talk staff discounts & sponsorship.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
I think you missed some important tags there.

<SMUG_SARCASM>

I own a bike shop and I need a new person to work for me. You have just saved me the trouble of employing someone who has shown some interest & initiative by going out and visiting bike shops looking for work in his/her chosen field.

please send your resume to getoffyourass@lazypricksbikes.com.au, then come in and we'll talk staff discounts & sponsorship.

</SMUG_SARCASM>
In seriousness - I have actually approached quite a few shops, have also looked into mechanics courses. It doesn't hurt to throw things out there... make use of all avenues available.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt

^ Love it :p

I work part time in my LBS, it's the best.
To bad I spend every cent I earn there in there.

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
i work in a bike shop its good as im doing an apprenticeship so im learning new stuff everyday to make my own bike betta.
So am i, i recon its absolutely great, except wen i have to go to skilltec in brissie cause no where in toowoomba offors the course.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So am i, i recon its absolutely great, except wen i have to go to skilltec in brissie cause no where in toowoomba offors the course.
you didnt go to the last one did you like the one that has just been last week?

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
you didnt go to the last one did you like the one that has just been last week?
nah we were finishing off exams at school then and were not allowed to do apprenticeship stuff during exam block. so i have to wait and do the next one.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
I would have thought both 'Living the Dream' and 'Working in a Bike Shop' are mutually exclusive.

Carry on.
Precisely! If you were 'Living the Dream' the term work would be redundant.

'Living the Dream', getting everything for free from the bike shop...well that's another story!

You must have had some good bikes before you started living that dream, I'm currently on the Govt payroll after certain money hungry bastards fucked me over on my $10K commission for selling insulation. In turn not being able to pay loans means you have to sell something (my O or my bikes and I'm not gay so ain't selling my O) which then leaves a bitter taste in your mouth and then you're back to dreaming about living.

ONE DAY, I SAY, ONE DAY I WILL HAVE THAT CARBON LT AND NOMAD!!

dont have a millitant christian mother... problem also solved...

move out/towns... should fix the problem :)
Preach Satanism or Scientology and when she tells you it's bullshit just say yeah, I guess you're right, it's just a stupid fucking religion where some cunt gets you to preach to some guy they can't see and probably isn't real. But what's more they get you to donate and do all this bullshit in the name of somebody but really are only interested in their own pocket profiting off gullible fools.

Then she'll either wake up to herself (sadly I think it's doubtful) or realize you don't need to go to church. If she thinks more church is what you need, then obviously you need to do something at church to make her reconsider.

edit: yes, it is obvious (to me and should be to all!) how fucked up and destructive religion is to not only society, our country but the whole world!

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Preach Satanism or Scientology and when she tells you it's bullshit just say yeah, I guess you're right, it's just a stupid fucking religion where some cunt gets you to preach to some guy they can't see and probably isn't real. But what's more they get you to donate and do all this bullshit in the name of somebody but really are only interested in their own pocket profiting off gullible fools.

Then she'll either wake up to herself (sadly I think it's doubtful) or realize you don't need to go to church. If she thinks more church is what you need, then obviously you need to do something at church to make her reconsider.

edit: yes, it is obvious (to me and should be to all!) how fucked up and destructive religion is to not only society, our country but the whole world!
hahah, made me smile anyways

i had to go to brissy from mackay for tafe haha, i liked it, take my bike, ride everywhere i could while i was there, i liked it better then when they did video conference at tafe here, is brett still the teacher?

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
i had to go to brissy from mackay for tafe haha, i liked it, take my bike, ride everywhere i could while i was there, i liked it better then when they did video conference at tafe here, is brett still the teacher?
I should move back there soon, just need to find a job, money and a place to stay..riding in Brisbane (any city is great I'm sure) is awesome. Probably the one thing that would make me return..