Who do we let into australia?

topher

Likes Dirt
Evening all,

Just a thought for today. After Snoops denial for entrance into australia, who should be let into australia? Should there be groups we shouldn't let in? Should we as a country ban people from certain countrys from entering ours?

By no means am i a racist. However over the past couple of months, a few questions have been raised. Does anyone remember the british woman who was a islam convert? She was speaking at a festival at melbourne uni i think? Why was she let in and not the 2 other speakers she was travelling with?

I dont see the problem with snoop. He was here a couple of months back from Good Vibes. Has the situation changed so much since then, or are we following the mother country's(England) stance on him?

Who should we be letting into australia? I'd like to here your thoughts!

wtr

Likes Dirt
There won't be a clear cut definition as to who's good or bad. Would you in particular be welcoming the entry of a 40-something man of Arabic complex?

Robb

Likes Dirt
I work at DIAC (Dept. of immi), not as a processing officer/decision maker, but a client must meet certain criteria (health, background check, criminal records..) before they are allowed to be granted a visa. Obviously there are different rules depending on the Visa being applied for, reasons for coming here, period of stay.... Bascially to determine the risks/reasons for coming here. If you are from Britan coming here on a Working Holiday maker visa for 3 months with a clear background then the Visa will probably be auto granted, but if you are applying for citizenship/long stay visa from Iran you might have a few more problems :p

Snoop has a bad track record, was busted in Europe with a bag of weed, got convicted of more crimes recently...

Last edited:

tim2

Likes Bikes
if they are only coming temporarily (tourist ETC) then anyone who doesnt have a criminal record, i think snoop was denied cause he has some un-resolved issues with firearms and drugs.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Obviously people with a poor record should be kept out.

Its not that i dont like the guy - he's a pimp - but i think that they had good grounds to deny his entry.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Its not that i dont like the guy - he's a pimp - but i think that they had good grounds to deny his entry.
Making a living from the proceeds of prostitution is illegal and quite possibly the reason he was denied entry.

We don't want any pimps here. ;)

matty_101

Likes Dirt
Making a living from the proceeds of prostitution is illegal and quite possibly the reason he was denied entry.

We don't want any pimps here. ;)
Well theres a few things that we could learn from him about making money out of bitches.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
If I had my way, none of you would be here (there) :mad:

It's my party and I don't recall inviting any of you sad bastards!

MMelissa

Likes Bikes
Its a bit rich the MTV'ers bagging the government for not letting a self-confessed wanksta, repeat convicted drug abuser who degrades women and is himself one of the ugliest men in the world into our country. I think Snoop needs to take some responsibility for that decision!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Its a bit rich the MTV'ers bagging the government for not letting a self-confessed wanksta, repeat convicted drug abuser who degrades women and is himself one of the ugliest men in the world into our country. I think Snoop needs to take some responsibility for that decision!
Damn straight! I (for one) don't want people who carry guns and take drugs coming here and offloading their way of life onto our society. I don't give a stuff if the bloke is "cool" or "famous"..........he's a fuckwit who's made a living out of being a tool.
In reference to the question of this thread though, there should be a very thorough examination done for people who hope to get into our country (that should also count when Australian's visit other countries). Some places have a decent way of living that doesn't need to be interupted by people who are aiming to adapt their culture and their way of life to some societies. That isn't me being racist or anything like that, it is me saying that I'd prefer to see it harder for people getting in (or out) if they aren't suited to another way of life.

Rik

logged out
Meh, if you want to create an image of badness about yourself with petty and avoidable gun/drug charges, you live with that image when it comes to official formalities.

As for who we let in the country, well I'd like to start a list of who we can kick out. Where should we send them though? Tasmania or Narou?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Meh, if you want to create an image of badness about yourself with petty and avoidable gun/drug charges, you live with that image when it comes to official formalities.

As for who we let in the country, well I'd like to start a list of who we can kick out. Where should we send them though? Tasmania or Narou?
I thought the obvious answer was New Zealand :confused:

TonyG

Likes Dirt
I thought the obvious answer was New Zealand :confused:
unfortunatly that is the complete opposite of reality

I have no problem in immigration, except they keep targeting foreigners!! I thought by now they would have learnt these guys are all up to no good. What's wrong with targeting Australians. Apparently there are thousands of them in the UK!! Surely we could lock them all up and ship them out here in chains.