When bullshitting the wife backfires....

Norco Maniac

Is back!
You blokes make me laugh. So far this year I've bought the OH a rare 90's Powerlite 20", a brand new complete DK cruiser and a vintage Pinarello with carbon forks and all the pretties. That's not including putting in for a Doublecross 20"with all the bells and custom whistles - put it this way, the rear Ti drive hub alone cost more than my one-off custom made three carat raw diamond Stulladium engagement ring. There's a lot to be said for buying the worst house in the best street and being a woman who knows her way around a renovation project. And how to grow food :)

Gripo

Eats Squid
For delivery convenience I had the LBS courier the custom carbon wheelset to the wifes workplace as no body was going to be at home that day.....all cool the conversation was like this..."darling the LBS are sending back the wheel I had fixed is it ok to send to you at work".....no problem..

wife txt me saying that it arrived, txt her back saying that a 2nd hand fork I purchased off RB might turn up...whoops now comes the Qs.....

now comes the cold shoulder, didn't get told of the fork turning up so I Q the seller for some more shipping details as I was eager to ride the fork for the weekend...

get home to find the wheels + fork in the shed....

was my $s in the first place.....when a women means 50/50 she means your 50 minus 50 of what you have left afer all the bills etc.

can't wait to ask her for 50 of her $s

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For delivery convenience I had the LBS courier the custom carbon wheelset to the wifes workplace as no body was going to be at home that day.....all cool the conversation was like this..."darling the LBS are sending back the wheel I had fixed is it ok to send to you at work".....no problem..

wife txt me saying that it arrived, txt her back saying that a 2nd hand fork I purchased off RB might turn up...whoops now comes the Qs.....

now comes the cold shoulder, didn't get told of the fork turning up so I Q the seller for some more shipping details as I was eager to ride the fork for the weekend...

get home to find the wheels + fork in the shed....

was my $s in the first place.....when a women means 50/50 she means your 50 minus 50 of what you have left afer all the bills etc.

can't wait to ask her for 50 of her $s

.....her half? That maths doesn't add up.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Whilst I thought much the same, I chose not to post the same!
Yeah I know, gotta assume sometimes that sense of humour > paranoia. ;)

Nothin wrong with been tight - lots of these stories are also self justification for upgrades too - we just add the word safety for the wife's version. For me, I add that word in because she can't say to me, on the grounds of safety I need a new pair of shoes ....... ( though she can for a car - seems leather, sunroof and satnav have all taken on safety aspects recently. ;(. )

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Yeah, it was a T/10. And to be completely honest "malfunction" may be misleading. I was drunk, didn't power out the door, got dragged in by the slipstream and rolled down the side of the aircraft. That meant the risers were so twisted that my head was pushed down on to my chest and the canopy only able to partially open. Apparently I came down like a rock, I just remember trying to get my head up and my lid up off my eyes and then k-rump! I think being drunk actually helped me as all I suffered, other than that 'hit by a truck' feeling was a torn medial ligament left knee.
Wow! That's incredible. Can't even imagine what that would be like. You just earned 100 million toughness points. No matter what anybody on this forum says, ever, nothing will beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2questions

1.Are there any more of these women
2.Where do I find one.
Yep, my wife is awesome!!! She is pretty good with all my bike purchases as long as I keep them under control. It is all a balancing act between her interest my interest and the kids activities. We have built this up over a numbers of years and it is all about trust.
When we were young we were tight with our money and this was pretty miserable. We did manage to buy our first house by being tight arses but we had no life. I think we found middle ground in joining each other in our chosen interest, she comes for rides and I join her doing her gym classes.

But if I bullshitted my wife over a bleed-kit then I would be the one bleeding.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I don't have to bullshit my missus.
She never really complians about my spending, (somewhere around 25k on my 4by in last few years + other toys)

I tell her what I want to buy, then buy it. She always says, "if we/you can afford it then do it"

I have few hobbies/outlets and work my ass off so she knows it's important to me to enjoy what I can when I can.

I never say no to her either, me wanting a new bike means she wants a new bike (already has 2 mtb's she doesn't ever ride) but hey, I'll find some cash somewhere to buy her a new shiny garage ornament and she'll smile and be happy.

Best comment from her was on a 4wd trip after I'd failed miserably getting up a pretty cool track (took one of our guys 15min to get 30metres up it)
She turns and asks what else I wanted to do to my car and how much I think it will cost, I start rattling off the mod list with a fair few of us standing around when something clicked

I asked her why so interested all of a sudden...

"I just want to know when we can get a new bed, but that won't happen till you've got everything for your car"
(3yrs later, still no new bed lol)

Other guys were gobsmacked, but she's just like that. Puts my happiness above hers.

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spoken like:
-Single man
-Divorced man
-Castrated man
-soon to be one of the above
Well whats more important , someone who controls your life or someone who shares your life . If you cant get out for a ride because of your partner than its not worth being in that relationship .

Quintin

Eats Squid
Gets on phone straight away - "hi, he's gone riding, have at least 2 hours free - see you soon! "
Whilst I thought much the same, I chose not to post the same!
this is probably exactly what happens, however filthy minds aside she is most likely on the phone to one of her mates to pick her up to go shopping

2questions

1.Are there any more of these women
2.Where do I find one.
i reckon there are heaps - you just find a cool chick (not too hard to do) and dont let her whip you from the beginning. my theory is that if your wife busts your balls about things that you consider to be reasonable, then you let it get that way and you probably deserve it or dont really care. because if she was like this all along, why start/continue the relationship in the beginning?

Well whats more important , someone who controls your life or someone who shares your life . If you cant get out for a ride because of your partner than its not worth being in that relationship .
like i said above i reckon blokes just let this happen - why some do i will never know. i have watched a very good mate of mine's life just get destroyed by his wife. he is so out of control and he almost cowers when we are out riding and she calls. its beyond funny now, and i actually get upset about it.

Quintin

Eats Squid
PS guys also - women are allowed to use the internet now so it wont be long before they work out how to farkinburn and read up on this thread. you're all fucked then.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
For the record, my wife is cool as hell and not controlling at all. We just have a budget for luxuries as we save my whole paycheck (or do most months) and just live off hers as we save to buy a second house outright. We're thinking that 5-7 years of saving and accounting for unforeseens we should be able to pick up a 2 bedroom apartment in a decent suburb....., cash payment.

It's just that MTBing is an expensive sport and always tends to go past my luxury budget where as my wife is pretty good in seeking out good clothes, shoes, make up and air fares on the cheap. It's always me trying to find loopholes and outs of the plan I helped devise.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For the record, my wife is cool as hell and not controlling at all. We just have a budget for luxuries as we save my whole paycheck (or do most months) and just live off hers as we save to buy a second house outright. We're thinking that 5-7 years of saving and accounting for unforeseens we should be able to pick up a 2 bedroom apartment in a decent suburb....., cash payment.

It's just that MTBing is an expensive sport and always tends to go past my luxury budget where as my wife is pretty good in seeking out good clothes, shoes, make up and air fares on the cheap. It's always me trying to find loopholes and outs of the plan I helped devise.
You do realise that paying cash outright will negate most of the taxation benefits of buying an investment property...?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Firstly, I never said it would be an investment property. We may choose to live in it yet, depending on the economics of the situation.

However I'm interested to hear how paying cash would negate tax benefits for investment property, if you have the time to give me a quick heads up.

Quintin

Eats Squid
my wife is pretty good in seeking out good clothes, shoes, make up and air fares on the cheap. It's always me trying to find loopholes and outs of the plan I helped devise.
now i want to know where to find one of these ones

However I'm interested to hear how paying cash would negate tax benefits for investment property, if you have the time to give me a quick heads up.
im not an accountant but i think most of the benefits are associated with interest, which you will not pay it you buy outright. however the tax attitude most people have baffles me sometimes because i would prefer to pay no interest at all, than to pay it, and only get back 35%

loans are so fucked and a terrible way to fund anything - i think if you can pay outright then this is always the best option.

Tacky Monster

Likes Dirt
im not an accountant but i think most of the benefits are associated with interest, which you will not pay it you buy outright. however the tax attitude most people have baffles me sometimes because i would prefer to pay no interest at all, than to pay it, and only get back 35%

loans are so fucked and a terrible way to fund anything - i think if you can pay outright then this is always the best option.
It's all about leveraging and capital gain. If you save to buy a property outright it will (potentially) have gone up in value by the time you save the $ whereas if you buy it now with someone else's money you're (potentially) taking advantage of that gain and getting a tax benefit at the same time. Always works best if you can pick the bottom of the market - he he...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Firstly, I never said it would be an investment property. We may choose to live in it yet, depending on the economics of the situation.

This is a bit off topic unless you are trying to bullshit your wife by buying a second property with out her knowing :)

If you are not buying it for an investment then there are little tax benefits that I can see. You can rent out you current place for 6 years while living in the new place before capital gains implications kick in.

If you buy as an investment you can claim all upfront cost and negatively gear the property. Over the long term this will pay for the bulk of the property and once you sell you are up for capital gains tax. It is best to seek good advice as there are pros and cons.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Thanks for the info blokes, probably worth chatting to a pro about this as my wife and I devised the plan with pretty much no relevant knowledge....

Another relevant fact that I probably should have added is that I get paid in USD, so I'm also trying to time that market as well, which I've actually done pretty well at so far.