Whats your resting heart rate?

Rik

logged out
When I was a juniour roadie, my resting was about 70-90, depending on my mood... apparently the max I hit was 270 in the state crits, but for some reason I am somewhat doubtful of all those figures.

SPyX

Likes Dirt
lol 270!

I went up archbold road hill yesterday and counted my heart rate, it was approx. 160bpm..

I will take out my heart rate monitor sometime soon :)

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
lol. mine is like 65, but i'm only 15, train at least once a day, and drink WAY to much coffee. your rhr can be influenced by so many different things that u cant just do it once and say yeah i'm cool. ya gotta do it for a month or so and plot them on a graph, so u can find an average n stuff. as for max, i can get mine well over 200. some poeple have higher pain thresh holds than others so maybe some never even get to it cause they think it hurts to much... maybe.

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
about 56-57

i'm pretty proud of that though seeing my old man's RHR is about 90.

i have no idea about MHR

you guys are pretty dam fit, maybe i should get myself a XC bike

brewy

Cannon Fodder
My resting HR is 48, and my MHR is around 204, although I havent checked my MHR recently. Pretty good for 16, I think.

rek

Likes Dirt
Over summer my resting HR got down to an insanely silly 36bpm on a couple of occasions .. right now it's at the low 40s which is more 'normal'.

I'm 23, and have a max HR of 190.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
During the Felcrag 24 hour since I was solo I didn't do much chasing of my Max or Min but my average HR on some night laps was around 125 and I was still putting in respectable lap times. Bizarre :?

Pants.
I even pulled off 2nd place even more bizarrly :D

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
brewy said:
My resting HR is 48, and my MHR is around 204, although I havent checked my MHR recently. Pretty good for 16, I think.
well, if u knew anything about anything. you'd know that your predicted MAx HR is 220-age. now, seeing as yours would be 220-16, 204 isnt that amazing!! its actually alot harder to get a higher MAXHR as u become older.
however, its only a guide, a 15 yearold friend of mine hit 219bpm doing stage 13 on the beep test. yet a friend of mine at the same level was "only" at 192bpm.
having a higher or lower maxhr doesnt mean your better or worse, it just helps to know so u can train better.
at the same time, a lower resting heart rate doesnt meen your a star either, my not-so-athletic father has a lower resting than mine and i'll kick his arse up a hill anyday. one champion marathon runner has a rhr at 73bpm, where as Lance Armstrongs is like 30 something.
in conclusion, its a personal thing used for training, not comparing to someone elses.
rant over.

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was in hospital with an injury a few years ago when I was training for XC racing and was hooked up to a HR machine. Everytime a doctor or nurse walked past they would stop in a panic and come and ask me if I was athletic. I was around 32bpm and when I concentrated on breathing and being calm I could nudge it below 30 for a few seconds. Now I'm into DH and my car has a resting rate of 1000rpm and a max of about 7000. Fuel cutout is around 7200. As for me... don't know don't care. :)

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my max is about 205 (measured in school 'beep test' about a month ago), resting 61. When I last went freediving the lowest I recorded was 22 bpm (without shallow ater blackout) and 18bpm but i suffered shallow water blackout on ascent.

edit: i'm an idiot and got me numbers confussssssed!