Whats your resting heart rate?

Just got my a new heart rate monitor....Polar S150.

What the highest you have had yours and whats your resting.

I got it up to 204 last night running and by the time I woke up and found where the strap was, I was 47.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
47! that's good. Last time I checked mine (back in the early 90's some time) it was 55 and 213.

Might have to invest in one of those heart monitor thingies.

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
Just to show off I had 207 and 35 last year. I am definitely no where near that form now. Too many injuries.

junior

get out of my grill
97 rest and max is 227,
i'm 13 thats why is so high and i have had a max heart hate test

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In 1990 when I was the fittest I ever was, and will probably ever be, resting was 38. I can't remember my max, all I remember from those tests( VO2 max etc) was a thermometer up the arse for core body temp. :shock:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
65... I'm a pretty unfit bastard but, starting to exercise more recently so ill have to give it another go in a month or two.
Delvin, you sure you havnt had a heart transplant with a OX?, thats crazy!

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
CHEWY said:
Delvin, you sure you havnt had a heart transplant with a OX?, thats crazy!
LOL year I remember being impressed myself at the time. Especially as it was around the time Big Mig revealed his 28 bpm. One of my heroes, Phil Anderson, only ever had a resting rate of low 40's. Actually it isn't as accurate as a fitness indicator as first thought becuse you have to look at the range attainable by each person. That 207 was a one off and most of the time could only manage about 195-197. So if you look at that spread it isn't out of the normal. Put it this way my heart going at 120 bpm is further away from rest than some one who has a resting rate of 45.

I feel tired now I going to lay down under my desk.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A while ago I had a pretty slow heart rate, all the time... I cant rememebr the figures but resting rate was about 35/40ish, not sure of the max.

Of course I was alot fitter and les stressed then :p Now I am hazard a guess and say resting rate 45 to 50.

SPyX

Likes Dirt
Mid last year i was around 60 something, but haven't got a more recent one..

The highest I got was 184 up archbold road hill..

Not sure what it'll be now, I should monitor it more!

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
36 resting 206 winning criterium sprint thought I was gonna die but at least I won the other guy probably felt way worse

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
dumb question...

too figure out my resting heart rate do i just do the finger on the neck thing for 20secs, then X3 for the per minute result?

hmmm, time for a google search.

hippy

Likes Bikes
I'm a fat bugger with RHR around 65. My max at the moment is 213 after the finishing sprint at a criterium at METEC.

Just remember that having the lowest RHR and highest MHR doesn't mean a lot by itself. It is better to be able to operate at a high power output with a lower HR than your competitors (i.e. more efficient) than to push all the way to your max, blow and then fade out of the race. This, of course, assumes you are racing XC and not track sprinting!

MHR is determined by genetics and age, not so much fitness. Oh, and the abililty to endure pain to GET to your max :)

RHR will also be raised if you are currently training and are not well rested from a session, say, the night before. RHR will often rise (sometimes lower) just before you get sick too.

hippy

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
RHR is about 52-55 when i've been up and about 4 a while, i'll have to check it tomorrow morning.

pecker

Likes Bikes
Resting 44/49 depending on fitness level at the time, and my (Vo2 Max tests) Maximum is 227bpm ... (cycling)
Vo2 max score 78.9 (long time ago/17yrs of age)
Have never had a blood heamoaticrit score under .50 in my life either ... who needs epo

Fankle capacity ... evil!!!