Whats been the best bike of your life?

safreek

Surely that'd just result in a 2 piece prophet? The front ends were never the strongest. Wouldn't go for the judge?
Its only an older fork with 175mm travel, only really 1 and a half inches different to the lefty.
Had the opportunity to get a judge complete for 500 about 6 months ago and didn't really have the money to get it, bloody tragic

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
2020 Sight C2 29er is the best bike I have owned. Same geo as a 29er DH bike in a package that pedals. As sentimental as I could get over past bikes this thing slays them.

I imagine there are even better bikes out there but I haven't got the others (small regret I didn't get a megatower for possibly better pedalling).

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Have to be the venerable grandpa's axe Heckler.

I've rode it for way too long and it is way past its use by date, but I still enjoy it and that is good enough reason to keep riding it. It has been out n' about to almost everywhere I've rode and has been the bike that defined MTB'ing for me.

Honourable mention to the Xizang which is so light, fast and purposeful but rides smoothly for a hard tail. The TRC is also and barrel of fun and hands out confidence.

I kind of like them all in different ways :)

I'm not good at getting rid of old bikes either.

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Have to be the venerable grandpa's axe Heckler.

I've rode it for way too long and it is way past its use by date, but I still enjoy it and that is good enough reason to keep riding it. It has been out n' about to almost everywhere I've rode and has been the bike that defined MTB'ing for me.

Honourable mention to the Xizang which is so light, fast and purposeful but rides smoothly for a hard tail. The TRC is also and barrel of fun and hands out confidence.

I kind of like them all in different ways :)

I'm not good at getting rid of old bikes either.View attachment 360590
Another of my dream bikes. And the Ourys push me right over the edge.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Morewood Shova ST - essentially a Heckler ripoff with better geo and more antisquat.

Avanti D8 with 888 rc3, Avalanche Van rc, and linkage widget - heavy butter. Absolutely the smoothest way to smash into big rocks at high speed.

Pole Evolink 150 29er with Avalanche Lyric and Praxis C32 wheels - the hype is real. Took 8-10% off some of my pb times on the first ride. Geo is on point and the weight is pretty reasonable at 15kgs given its a mini dh bike that can climb. Also heaps of thoughtful touches like being able to fold the bike for transport, boost and non-boost dropouts, and huge fully shielded linkage bearings.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm also no good at getting rid of bikes, but it seems once I sell them to my brother they vanish into the never never.

The one bike that he will never get his hands on is my 1997 Trek Y-11

This was my first custom build. I had final say on everything right down to the spokes. The day is getting closer to getting this old girl back on the dirt.

In terms of outright performance, the Procaliber shits all over everything. Even the road bikes. Comfortable, fast, predictable, modern. The wheels make the bike, and I'm sad to see the DT Swiss wheels go, the hunt has begun for suitable replacements.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I understand what you mean about the SC Heckler single pivot etc.
I have a hot rodded SC Superlight do- it -all ,thats been on lots of plane trips .

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My old nomad (v1). The bike was versatile and capable beyond the rider's wettest dreams.

My dearly departed, twice over, Pivot m4x. This bike was super playful and knew how to take a pounding.

Both had custom spec and were reasonably light.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe I am hopeless but I honestly dont find single pivot much different from more sophisticated designs.
I know the about the brake thing.
Square edged bumps did it for me. I used to love the simplicity of a single pivot. But I now find ploughing through roots and rocks uncomfortable. I'm sure there is some technique aspect to this, anyone that has seen me ride knows I'm not at all smooth, but of I can avoid getting better by using technology I'm all for it.

Among other single pivots that I have owned, a favourite was the 2 eastern slash 7+ air that I've owned. Great geometry for my style of riding, heaps of fun around town skate park or bmx track too, and the frame was surprisingly light.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
My old Titus Ti Rockstar was an absolute ripper of a bike for XC race duty, I hope the junkie that has it now appreciates as much as I did.

Pretty hard to argue it's better than my current rig...^that was really good at going uphills, wouldn't think about a downhill track on it, current one does everything well.

Last edited: