Whats been the best bike of your life?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
A few guys have started riding at work and have asked me a few times which bike has been the best one. Looking back there's been some clear stand out.

2006 sc bullit - best fun.
2014 lapierre dh 920 - best jumping.
2012 army bike Co wehrmacht - best plow.
2018 evil wreckoning - most outrageous weapon.

Shocked considering a vast majority of the bikes I've owned have been shorter travel due to surroundings..

Bikes I'd like to see a modern version of: mc shockwave 9.5 and nicolai ufo st trail/enduro addition or the lapi dh in a 160mm mode.

What are the highlights for you lads?

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
1999 (?) Schwinn Homegrown 4Banger - brilliant bike, love the Lawwill design.
2009/10 GT Fury World Cup carbon, umm, unsure what year? Can you recall Sethius? Way too fast for me.
2015 GT Sanction, the very best of both worlds for me.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
It was the first carbon fury yeah @indica ? Couldn't remember which year it was. Definitely was a step up from kona life. I've got a sanction in the lounge room, rode it tonight. Have you put in offset bushings to slacken it out??

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
2013 intense tracer 2

I've had it from new, built it as a lightweight am bike, attempted a halfway light/big travel build, settled on a 160/170mm shuttle rig and haven't looked back. It's been lovingly cared for, nearly sold, crashed and abused and it keeps coming back as the bike that puts the biggest grin on my face. It's not purty like some, it's not efficient like some, it doesn't sport modern geometry or any other fancy buzzwords. It's just a farkin hoot to ride and probably more capable than I'll ever be.

It also has a Metallica sticker set on the forks \m/

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
2012 IndyFab steel deluxe, I swore if I had to sell all my bikes this would be the last to go... come 2017 slack angles, this bike became a frame hanging in my bike room... for about 2 years. I used to look at it and remember the good days, wondered if it would ever be used again.

I didnt know what I wanted in 2012 but loved the Niner MCR9/SIR9/ONE9/AIR9 geo, so this frame geo is exactly a copy of the MCR9.

Next thing in 2019 i'm looking at big tyre Ti gravel bikes... wow, that geo looks familiar. Bought a Shimano 105 gear and brake groupset off BookFace for $200 and a set of Ritchey flared bars for $28... had a ride... OMG this is fucking awesome.

Fitted an 11-42 Sunrace with a roadlink, still with the original 32 wolftooth Middleburn snowflake, this bike goes anywhere

Since early 2019, Its now done most of my non-mtb rides, its done the 900km Mawson trail bikepacking and every commute since I sold my roadie.

Its back... and still the last bike I will ever sell. So comfortable, so smooth... loved once again !

Picture from tonight on my 65km return journey commute.

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
Klein mantra after seeing that stolen post! Paint job was amazing
But my Intense M9 with tekin fox40’s
Now my meta 29 AM with tractive tune
My P3 for pump tracking

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting question.
I loved my Redline 520 and my DP Freestyler BMX bikes from the early to mid 1980s.
Then currently my Banshee Prime.
I did have a Scott Spark 920 and rated that too but got stolen after 5 weeks.

The 1 bike is probably the Freestyler.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't owned a heap of bikes, but my 2014 Trek Stache 8 was ridiculously fun hardtail that I still occasionally pine for

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Specialized Enduro 2003 the last bike I bought new .
For a duallie of that era it had a stiff rear end to cope with severe G outs , modified with Sherman forks , increased travel to 150mm w coil and big wheels it taught me to jump , do steep dropoffs and narrow bridges at Rowdyflat.
Recently dismantled, my new/old Torrent frame ,safreek and elbo have parts of it.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
In my short 5 years stint of mtb, it'll have to be Cannondale Prophet with 140mm lefty. I only wished I was a better rider back then when I sold it to fund Pivot Mach 6, because then I would have kept it and wait longer before buying the Pivot! I've been trying to get it back with no avail. Alas..

safreek

In my short 5 years stint of mtb, it'll have to be Cannondale Prophet with 140mm lefty. I only wished I was a better rider back then when I sold it to fund Pivot Mach 6, because then I would have kept it and wait longer before buying the Pivot! I've been trying to get it back with no avail. Alas..

View attachment 360580
Yeah they are a fantastic bike, I had one that I foolishly sold. Would love another one, this time with monsters instead of the lefty, the lefty is great but a monster would make it the perfect ride

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yeah they are a fantastic bike, I had one that I foolishly sold. Would love another one, this time with monsters instead of the lefty, the lefty is great but a monster would make it the perfect ride
Surely that'd just result in a 2 piece prophet? The front ends were never the strongest. Wouldn't go for the judge?