What Single pivot frames are out there

Lucaw

Next in line
I am trying to find a single pivot bike with a tapered or 1.5 inch head tube 26 or 27.5 inch wheels and between 140 and 160mm of travel. I know that there is the Orange alpine, the Orange five and the Santa Cruz heckler that would fit this criteria but I was wondering what else other bikes would you too?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Old ironhorse baseline Yakuza prior to the kumicho. Mid generation Morewood, Ram, duebel, craftworks, Marino could do something, old duncons etc. Best bets just an old Bullit and running a reduced e2e shock to slacken it out/drop travel.

moorey

call me Mia
As an avid, old SP fan....they really weren’t/aren’t the greatest to ride. Modern shocks have helped with the brake Jack, but still not a touch on later models. For giggles, I rode my 03 Patriot 7+ at a state DH round 2 years ago...I regretted my decision.
What you planning for it?

Lucaw

Next in line
Nice bike moorey
I would like to use it as my everyday bike as my stumpy is about $350 to replace the bearings and I’m already almost needing my bearing changed again.
Definitely going to be 2010 or newer, I am looking a spending max $2000 for a good used single pivot bike

Lucaw

Next in line
As soon as my tradings access application is approved I’m putting up a wanted add.

moorey

call me Mia
Nice bike moorey
I would like to use it as my everyday bike as my stumpy is about $350 to replace the bearings and I’m already almost needing my bearing changed again.
Definitely going to be 2010 or newer, I am looking a spending max $2000 for a good used single pivot bike
I’ve got a 2011 Five and a 2012 Five, and a 2013 Alpine (used to have a 2014 but sold it). Love them all. Fun bikes.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
As an avid, old SP fan....they really weren’t/aren’t the greatest to ride. Modern shocks have helped with the brake Jack, but still not a touch on later models. For giggles, I rode my 03 Patriot 7+ at a state DH round 2 years ago...I regretted my decision.
What you planning for it?View attachment 371261
You missed a comma between old and SP. Also from your pics we are all convinced you are a DP fan...

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Nice bike moorey
Do you pressure wash and degrease your bike?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Craftworks FRX if you can find one. Bit on the rare side but usually don't cost the earth when they pop up. 150mm travel, tapered steerer, single pivot with no linkage, takes a 216x63 shock.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Is that yours? Paint job looks awesome.

These were a really good value frame back in the day. I'm pretty sure a few users on here fit a 27.5 in the back.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
can confirm that SC single pivot superlite and Heckler are nice with good shock tuning.
Simpler and stiffer due to the the single pivot.
multiple worn pivots are wobbly.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
can confirm that SC single pivot superlite and Heckler are nice with good shock tuning.
Simpler and stiffer due to the the single pivot.
multiple worn pivots are wobbly.
Any old RP23 makes them feel quite good IMHO, but I am probably too easy to please.