What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Too hot once I found time today. Will try to ride tomorrow morning early.

Instead I serviced the lowers on #1 kid bike (rockshox recon). Then may as well do #2 kid’s bike while I’ve got all my tools and oils out (manitou j-unit). Then… why not service my pedals while I’m at it. They need some love too.(I even found some DU bushings in my Aliexpress parts pile that fit).

All in all, successful arvo of mtb maintenance, and nothing to put in the COTFW thread this time!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Went for a ride with a friend, parted ways and decided to head up Pipeline.

Chuffed with my efforts I thought I'd check Strava to see how I'm going and... faaark 7 seconds?!

I must have inadvertantly stopped Strava as I was leaving the house..

I duped a previous ride that most resembled this one and submitted that instead.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I duped a previous ride that most resembled this one and submitted that instead.
Just do a manual entry if you really need to.

I just suck it up usually, not that it happens that often. Get home, estimates about 20'ish... Zero, didn't start Strava :rolleyes:

cammas

Seamstress
Not today but yesterday after commuting all week it was good to get away from dumbarse walkers who are so preoccupied with their phones they will walk into you or each other.

Just the flat side of the Youies on the rigid Salsa but was still a good day out, then after that I topped up both tyres with sealant on the commuter, front tyre still lost a little air over night I’m just hoping it’s the sealant doing it’s job. I’ll see how it fairs tomorrow, was hoping to get today but after babysitting a couple of the grandkids a lack of sleep has smashed me.

Tomorrow I am going try a different way from work away from Southbank, now the sun has come out everyone wants to walk everywhere but still buried in their phones.

https://strava.app.link/FGZGpvU29Cb
1694934073006.png

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After Lysterfield yesterday I continued my tour of the south east with Maryvale Pines today.
Never been before, and the 2hr drive sucked, but that place is a hoot! Was really nice being under the pine trees and out of the sun.
Managed to stack off one of the wooden features, and not even a big one. Got a flat tyre for the first time in a out 18 months (rims appears to be dinged), managed to rescue someone else's afternoon by having a quick-link in my pack - which was very lucky as I don't even run SRAM any more.

Will definitely be heading back that way again

20230917_114550.jpg

The offending feature, still NFI how I came off

ausdb

Being who he is
When is dad getting on the tramp @ausdb !!!???
The old man has been known to get on the tramp from time to time but not when cameras or phones are around, he also prefers our other tramp which is bigger and more bouncy. Unfortunately the tramp bike has been banned from that one as its got a proper woven bed/mat and the old man would be more grumpier than usual if it got damaged.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Put the bike on the stand last night for some maintenance before the Stromlo Superflow this weekend.
Went to put on the new 203mm rotors, but my dumb ass bought 6 bolts ones and I have centrelock 180s on there now. Oh well, adapters purchased from Aliexpress.
Went to bleed the brakes. Where's my mineral oil? Who knows.
Guess I'll clean and grease the bottom bracket then. Just get it all out and look at the clock, 10:30pm!
Guess I'll finish tonight. Probably for the best, ran out of brake cleaner anyway.

mekros

Likes Dirt
Late night, early morning, heat spike, so just a lazy cruise around the harbour and a few coffees en route to the grocery store. I picked up a lot of tangelos! Still a bunch of seals at the end of the breakwall.

View attachment 402686
The breakwall off Nobby's beack in Newcastle?

I might be up that way again soon, can I get some insight into some easy trails to ease a 9yo into? We have played a bit at Jesmond park, a few bits too rough for them, double barrel at Glenrock was done no problems.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The breakwall off Nobby's beack in Newcastle?

I might be up that way again soon, can I get some insight into some easy trails to ease a 9yo into? We have played a bit at Jesmond park, a few bits too rough for them, double barrel at Glenrock was done no problems.

@mekros - Glenrock is the best option. It's easy access with heaps of stuff to explore. If you want to broaden the horizons Awaba and Ourimbah club trails are both fun, but might be a bit technical for the micro based on your experience at Jesmond.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Got the bike cleaned and lubed ready for today's ride, did a bolt check and tightened up the rear caliper bolts and stem bolts. Fucking raining all day :(

That Shimano XT shifter is calling..