What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Smashed out a local enduro race here in Nelson BC. Told myself to just have fun and take it easy as I was riding the trails blind against local pinners.

Ended up pushing pretty hard but kept it upright and finished 8th in masters out or 17 riders. Was happy enough with that.

View attachment 402764
Fucking well done, awesome :)

Did you run Strava or have any climbing stats for the day?

Jabubu

Originally put these bars on at 800mm to try. Usually run 780mm. Did feel great on open trails.
But amazing how much an extra cm each side makes on right trails.
Have cut back down to 780mm after having a few awkward moments at the local trails.

View attachment 402765
My bike came with 780mm and I hated them, felt right at home when I switched back to 800mm. I guess being 195cm is a factor!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Fucking well done, awesome :)

Did you run Strava or have any climbing stats for the day?
The climbing was 625 metres all up so not insane. The climbing trails were really nice and there was a good atmosphere with people chatting as they climbed in groups so made it easier.

The first stage was epic with 8 mins of descending. First half we a new hand cut trail that was loose and fast with plenty of rocks trying to grab a wheel and roots making natural gaps to try and clear. Then it cut into a flow trail with berms and jumps before finishing with more loose single track. The legs and arms were burning after that one.

Jabubu

The climbing was 625 metres all up so not insane. The climbing trails were really nice and there was a good atmosphere with people chatting as they climbed in groups so made it easier.

The first stage was epic with 8 mins of descending. First half we a new hand cut trail that was loose and fast with plenty of rocks trying to grab a wheel and roots making natural gaps to try and clear. Then it cut into a flow trail with berms and jumps before finishing with more loose single track. The legs and arms were burning after that one.
Lovely!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
put the correct sized allen key in there and give it a couple of love taps with the apppropriately sized whacking device to crush the little sucker, then blow out the dust
Yep, or one size smaller and love-tap it with a hamma. Old pea gravel is going to go forth to his destiny, aka dust.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Set myself a challenge of 3 Crack Of Dawn rides in a row. Completed but last downhill before home leant into a corner and my lower back went ping. Limped home and walked the last few uphills home as hurt to pedal. Now where is the you know you’re getting old thread……

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Set myself a challenge of 3 Crack Of Dawn rides in a row. Completed but last downhill before home leant into a corner and my lower back went ping. Limped home and walked the last few uphills home as hurt to pedal. Now where is the you know you’re getting old thread……
Hopefully it's just a little twinge and you get up in the morning like it never happened.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hopefully it's just a little twinge and you get up in the morning like it never happened.
Hurts to stand, walk and sit. :rolleyes: Last time I did it was 6 weeks to get better. I have been semi regular with my physio suggested stretches as well. Maybe I should take up Pilates like the physio suggested.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yesterday.
9DDB5C03-E954-4A87-80BD-440EF331E472.jpeg
B3FF5276-7D41-48F3-A199-973EB36A4A5E.jpeg
Feeling slightly exposed on the infamous Jackass trail in Verbier prior to a continuous 1400m descent. Approx 4K in total descending yesterday.
Met and had a brief chat to the local legend Ludo May and was just in time to watch the final pro runs of the IXL word DH Cup. Will add a few more photos down the track.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Except for the cheap junk the hire shop had bolted to it it was fantastic. 160 both ends I believe but it was super light feeling and nimble and punched well above its weight in the chunky stuff of which there was loads of.
I destroyed a hub driver and NX cassette on the first day somehow so I had a little whinge. It was also running shit Codes and a sad Pike select that packed up after about a minute pointed down hill.
They were going to give me an Unno instead but it turned out to only be a large!
So TLDR the frame was seriously impressive.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Put the bike on the stand last night for some maintenance before the Stromlo Superflow this weekend.
Went to put on the new 203mm rotors, but my dumb ass bought 6 bolts ones and I have centrelock 180s on there now. Oh well, adapters purchased from Aliexpress.
Went to bleed the brakes. Where's my mineral oil? Who knows.
Guess I'll clean and grease the bottom bracket then. Just get it all out and look at the clock, 10:30pm!
Guess I'll finish tonight. Probably for the best, ran out of brake cleaner anyway.
Broke down and bought more mineral oil for the brakes. LBS I went to only had the big $30 bottle. Ok then.
Guess what I found when I got home. That's right, the original bottle of brake oil I couldn't find.

Put the bike back together and took it for a short lap of Coondoo this morning. Don't know if it was having a week off the bike, or tyre pressures, or some combination of the two, but I felt fast as and broke a few PRs according to strava. Good sign for the superflow this weekend :D