What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you heard of, or are you aware of anyone removing the spacer in the DPX2 to increace the stroke therefor going from 115mm to 120mm travel?
I saw something about this in another forum.

Apparently one needs to remove the aircon,
There are a couple of bright orange 2.5mm spacers which are kept in place by tiny screws. One or both can be removed and then you just need to use a smaller screw to secure the remaining spacer.

There's a specific measurement. Let me find it.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw something about this in another forum.

Apparently one needs to remove the aircon,
There are a couple of bright orange 2.5mm spacers which are kept in place by tiny screws. One or both can be removed and then you just need to use a smaller screw to secure the remaining spacer.

There's a specific measurement. Let me find it.

Here's the text.

Take the air can off. Inside you will find bright orange 2.5mm "C" shaped shims screwed in with M3 flat head screws. You can remove either 2.5mm or 5mm of shims to allow the shock to go from 160 to 162.5 or 165. You will need to get shorter 3mm screws depending on the travel you choose.

There is a vid on YT if you search a bit.

Good luck!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Had my biennial South Australian ride this morning at Fox Creek.

Ended up riding solo, started at about 8 and I was the only person there until about 10.

Started out on Allen's Orange Whip / Blue Groove and then climbed up Middle Earth to Ballistic then up Dream Weaver onto the end of Point of Knoll Return.

The end of Blue Groove and a lot of Middle Earth was overgrown with thistles and some face high blackberries which were fun!

Second run was down The Ducks Guts and up Ramsay's E-Ride (fire road).

Last was Allen's Orange Whip again and onto Fox Long and slogged up the fire road again.

The jump park was fun and would be good to progress on. All up a good ride! See you again in 2 years. :p

IMG_20230120_105306_copy_1965x1473.jpgIMG_20230120_105353_copy_1942x1457.jpgIMG_20230120_091141_copy_1311x1749.jpgIMG_20230120_082243_copy_1995x1496.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Here's the text.

Take the air can off. Inside you will find bright orange 2.5mm "C" shaped shims screwed in with M3 flat head screws. You can remove either 2.5mm or 5mm of shims to allow the shock to go from 160 to 162.5 or 165. You will need to get shorter 3mm screws depending on the travel you choose.

Good luck!
Nice. A reminder to pull the air can off and service the poor thing...

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's the text.

Good luck!
Thanks. I will let you know how I go.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Lovely day for a ride, followed by an innocuous front wheel wash out.
Compress_20230120_180504_4719.jpg

It was right there where I took that photo that I jinxed myself...

Whilst having a breather and taking some happy snaps I noticed my pointer finger tips poking out through the tips of my gloves, so right there and then I ordered some iron on fabric to prolong the life of my favourite gloves.

15mins later I'm full starfish hugging the trail.

Just as well I ordered that fabric as now I've got a hole in the palm of my left glove.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Lovely day for a ride, followed by an innocuous front wheel wash out.
View attachment 396356
It was right there where I took that photo that I jinxed myself...

Whilst having a breather and taking some happy snaps I noticed my pointer finger tips poking out through the tips of my gloves, so right there and then I ordered some iron on fabric to prolong the life of my favourite gloves.

15mins later I'm full starfish hugging the trail.

Just as well I ordered that fabric as now I've got a hole in the palm of my left glove.
As long as your hands don't look like they did after the swarf attack, we'll assume the gloves did their job at least? :confused:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Had my biennial South Australian ride this morning at Fox Creek.

Ended up riding solo, started at about 8 and I was the only person there until about 10.

Started out on Allen's Orange Whip / Blue Groove and then climbed up Middle Earth to Ballistic then up Dream Weaver onto the end of Point of Knoll Return.

The end of Blue Groove and a lot of Middle Earth was overgrown with thistles and some face high blackberries which were fun!

Second run was down The Ducks Guts and up Ramsay's E-Ride (fire road).

Last was Allen's Orange Whip again and onto Fox Long and slogged up the fire road again.

The jump park was fun and would be good to progress on. All up a good ride! See you again in 2 years.

View attachment 396349View attachment 396350View attachment 396351View attachment 396352
Sorry I couldn't make it @wkkie

My Only Fans subs were screaming for more core

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
As long as your hands don't look like they did after the swarf attack, we'll assume the gloves did their job at least? :confused:
Yeah nah, all good on that front thankfully. I also had 3 near misses with other riders :oops:

ebike guys riding up Boulder.

One of the ebike guys riding down Rockwell's though TBH I was probably asking for it riding up the ebike descent trail...

And a couple walking up the rock garden on Lactic

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Yeah nah, all good on that front thankfully. I also had 3 near misses with other riders :oops:

ebike guys riding up Boulder.

One of the ebike guys riding down Rockwell's though TBH I was probably asking for it riding up the ebike descent trail...

And a couple walking up the rock garden on Lactic
Since when is Boulder a 2 way trail? That's just stupidity!

Did the couple walking up Lactic have bikes?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Since when is Boulder a 2 way trail? That's just stupidity!

Did the couple walking up Lactic have bikes?
I guess technically it is a 2 way trail, but I reckon I'd have more fun riding up the death access track beside it.

The couple did have bikes, caught the dude right in the first part of the rock garden he nearly jumped down the hill into the boneseed, his missus had more time and just stood to the side, all I could say was "just me coming down!"

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Here's the text.

Good luck!
It's the stroke that changes from the spacer removal not the eye to eye. So for the trance there is one 2.5mm stroke limiting spacer that reduces the shock stroke from 45mm to 42.5mm (but the eye to eye is always 165mm).

It should be safe to remove on at least the large alu frames but if you do just check for clearance at full bottom out by cycling the suspension with no air in the can.