What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Add in the headwinds that always show up in the afternoon.

Still a good idea to go for a ride though but falls a bit short of a great idea :)
Yeah, there's been some strong winds here too, I've never noticed them so bad at this time of the year. There's a big descent on my way home across a bridge, and you got to lean into the wind, or it pushes you into the side of the handrailing.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode a couple of trails at Nannup’s Tank 8 yesty, first real ride on the Ripmo due to a long period of slackness. Met up with the Loose Goose shuttle service at 8am, in hindsight 6 am would be better given the warm conditions. Good trails, I dunno which ones we rode but they were steep and technical and tested my rusty skills hard.
I made sure I was well hydrated before we set off, drank from my Camelbak during, and had more water along with Staminade afterwards. I only lasted 4 or 5 runs before I decided to stop as my arms and shoulders were starting to fatigue and I didn’t want to stack it from that.
Sick day today, needed to recover from a bit of dehydration and being sore all over !

Attachments

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Left the kids with my mother in law and went for a MTB ride with Mr Canary. We haven't gone for a MTB ride sans kids in years.
Just a little ride around Woowookarung forest. The weather was perfect, the trails were dry but mostly hard packed. Found a sweet little descent that was so much fun we rode back up to do it again.

IMG_20230123_194044_937.jpg

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Smashed out Cascade with a few mates. Great conditions for it.
View attachment 396407
I rode Cascades for the first time on Saturday. I’d heard about the climbing and I’m used to a bit of pedalling but it was the downs that slayed me. Maybe it was the lack of travel, maybe the lack of talent. Forearms and ankles were wrecked. Thank duck for the Duck Inn and the good medicine

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I rode Cascades for the first time on Saturday. I’d heard about the climbing and I’m used to a bit of pedalling but it was the downs that slayed me. Maybe it was the lack of travel, maybe the lack of talent. Forearms and ankles were wrecked. Thank duck for the Duck Inn and the good medicine
Yeah, it def feels like more than 30km and 550 odd metres of elevation by the time you’ve finished. That downs take as much energy as the ups (or more) but it’s such a fun and varied trail.
BTW - I think it gets easier the second time as you are mentally prepared for it.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, it def feels like more than 30km and 550 odd metres of elevation by the time you’ve finished. That downs take as much energy as the ups (or more) but it’s such a fun and varied trail.
BTW - I think it gets easier the second time as you are mentally prepared for it.
Oh I’ll certainly give it another crack