What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Form is reasonable. Using a smith machine. Just never knocked out 100 in a sesh.

Been stretching flexors since. But I have a bad habit of not streching/warming up or cooling down in anything I've been doing.
Form is never gonna be great using a smith machine

Have you tried getting a foam roller into your ITBs? I have had similar issues in the past and rolling my ITBs and Glutes has really helped

Rorschach

Used a foam roller, not great. Found a number of stretches that did a better job.
Don’t roll the ITBs, find the insertion points at the knee and hip and lay on it to stretch them.
I’m really quad dominant and it’s caused all sorts of issues for me, that’s the best stretch I’ve found

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Form is never gonna be great using a smith machine
Not true btw. There's a difference between people who fuck up form because they think the Smith machine will pick up the slack vs people who understand form and use smith machines to their advantage.

For squats, free weights there is only one position for squats (not counting lunges et al). On the smith because balance is taken out of the equation you can actually do squats in various foot positions to focus different muscles groups while still maintaining good form for the exercise.

Both BB and smith squats can be done In "perfect" form and look different and are good for different purposes

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The poor old DSLR hasn't seen the light of day for 18 months, let alone trying to do that with a film camera.

I bought a good camera in about 2014, a Sony RX1. It took awesome pictures, was just too delicate for our lifestyle.

Telephones these days are as good as we need.
Ha ha... I've bought a couple of Canon DSLR's for my daughters back in their uni days... I'm sure they are gathering dust.

I still like to hold my Konica AutoReflex TC and wind the winder. Takes me back. To a lot of different places...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ha ha... I've bought a couple of Canon DSLR's for my daughters back in their uni days... I'm sure they are gathering dust.
As long as the batteries haven't leaked, they'll probably still work if you ever find them again!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Don’t roll the ITBs, find the insertion points at the knee and hip and lay on it to stretch them.
I’m really quad dominant and it’s caused all sorts of issues for me, that’s the best stretch I’ve found
yeah thats pretty much what i figured out after trying to roll them only to notice it didn't feel right. Did some research and found rolling them flat is not the best way to resolve issues there.

Rorschach

yeah thats pretty much what i figured out after trying to roll them only to notice it didn't feel right. Did some research and found rolling them flat is not the best way to resolve issues there.
Bloody hurts too.
Instead of rolling it, I kind of lie on it with it at my hip insertion point and let it stretch out on its own and then do the same at the knee, works well for me

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Bloody hurts too.
Instead of rolling it, I kind of lie on it with it at my hip insertion point and let it stretch out on its own and then do the same at the knee, works well for me
had a bath with 2kg of epsom salts in it. pain free for 12hrs lol. But yeah, seems to be getting bette rin general. Have an osteo on Wednesday for a proper look

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Fahn 'ell. Does spring turn up sooner or later there?

It is nice here today but the hot afternoon winds have came early and regularly too. I'm betting on a toasty summer.
In @mooreyville it's feels like -3.6c with lashings of rain, sleet and snow for 9 months of the year, then the other 3 months are 37c+ and regular threat of bushfires.

Just wait until climate change starts to mess up their weather! :eek: