What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

twitchie

Likes Bikes
Fitted some new bars (710mm) had 600 on it was like stearing with my stem.
Think they ovels or something like that

Ps- excuse the messy garage in the progress of sorting threw shit.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Did my usual lap of Lysty Sunday. Lower Buckle > Upper Buckle > Dog Pound (the dogs were quiet for once!) > Middle > Redgum > Hug > Upper Blair Witch > Snipe.

Worked on just generally being more confident, and trusting my excellent bike and average skills. Faster through corners, braking less, popping off some stuff I'd usually either roll over or ride around. Fun times!

Even with some pretty decent (for me) hits, I didn't use all the travel in my fork, so I've lowered the pressure by 5 psi. We'll see how it goes next ride.

camo71

Likes Dirt
Did a 4 and 1/2 hr ride at Daisy Hill , my butt cheeks have now realised this about 2 hours longer than usual ...
Might have to grab one of those massive padded saddles from 99 bikes , yeh nah ill just tape a cushion to my ass next time

Daisy

Likes Dirt
got a shimano m780 shifter 10spd to replace the m770, as i wanted multi release when shifting to smaller cogs.
for me, it's the simple mods like this that keep my merida 120 2011 model 'fresh'.
much cleaner & crisper shifting.
cheers, Daisy

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Perusing Trailforks looking for something new, I found some trails near Anglesea that The Boy and I haven't ridden yet. We're going to check them out tomorrow.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Perusing Trailforks looking for something new, I found some trails near Anglesea that The Boy and I haven't ridden yet. We're going to check them out tomorrow.
Hurst road? Or somewhere else? I've seen some off coalmine road but haven't ridden them.. Report back?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yeah, it was the ones around the Coalmine Road area. Best accessed by jumping the fence behind the start ramp of the mountaincross track. They were alright. Nothing spectacular, although I'd like to try them again when it's not as hot. I think that was stopping me from enjoying the day as much as I could have.

There's this one sketchy double on Scar Tissue that needs a better lander, i.e. one that isn't made of fckin' sand. The Boy landed on the edge of it and came off. Banged himself up a bit. No lander would be better than what's there right now.

I'd taken 5 psi out of the fork on the Sight (I think it's now at 75 psi, with three tokens), and it made it a lot plusher, without diving or being too soft when needed. Skills/mentally wise, I'm getting more confidence to pop off stuff blind, knowing that the suspension will do its job and soak up the landing without losing the plot.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Awesome. I work quite close to there so it's a crime I haven't yet checked em out.

Went to youeys instead today. Hot as an oven today, and grossly humid. Took the yeti out for a bit as it's had been feeling a bit neglected after a hardtail infatuation. Put a bit more psi in the pike and it made a big difference. Couldn't believe how much better it was actually. Bike felt great. Got a pr on travs diamond and top of boulder, but otherwise struggled in the heat and bonked early.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Full rebuild of my 26" reba teams and swapped my daughter for her shitty toras given my old mtb rarely gets ridden and she is getting keener by the week. The rebas are 450g lighter and are now running buttery smooth. Also set the forks up at 100mm which slackened her head angle out to around 68.5. Her 26" mtb weighs in at 11.2kg now. Am eyeing off a XS Chinese carbon frame for her but being 9 maybe she doesn't need that yet.....
20180211_155555.jpg

Also need to ditch her big ring and fit a little bashring to give a little more overlog clearance.

weezyphoenix

Cannon Fodder
Hey, first time long time noob here.
Went tubeless on my newly acquired Spec Enduro Comp 29er. So far so good. i was woefully unequipped with only co2 to seat the tyres. Only minimal popping on the rear, none on the front, but the bead is uniform all round and holding pressure.
Fingers crossed, doing Buxton for the first time this weekend, so will be taking a couple tubes just in case.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Went for a ride this morning on the Smuggler (only a road ride) and on some gutter bumps etc had some creaking noises..... I am hoping its actually just the cables inside the frame as they have been known to rattle. Second guess is its the fork crown. Third guess and I will have a good look tonight is frame crack. They are not renowned for cracking so I assume option 1 or 2 they are 2015 pikes that are known to have creaked.