What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
That looks nice!

I'd like to get a hardtail again, but I'd need to drop a shitload of weight first. I like the idea of them, but I've been spoiled by the squish.
Yeah I'm not sure I could commit 100 percent to hardtail but it's a perfect compliment to the dually.

I too need to drop a shitload off the belly to get the most from it.

mtb1611

Seymour
That looks nice!

I'd like to get a hardtail again, but I'd need to drop a shitload of weight first. I like the idea of them, but I've been spoiled by the squish.
Ditto re the squsih. A well-specced, "clean" hardtail is a thing of beauty and I've almost taken the plunge a few times....perhaps eventually.....!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Now you're stuck with the eternal dilemma - to pop the blisters or let them go down over time?
Forks are another week away. Plenty of time to let them go down, but I'll keep a close eye and if things haven't changed by next Thursday it's lancing time

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a nice late lunch, gnocchi, ox tail, few bottles of red, and a few hrs later just now, I thought a Zwift race might help settle things. Just powerspewed the last of it over the railing behind the bike, I feel better now.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Took The Boy to race Cressy. He got his one alotted crash out of the way during practice, and achieved his goal, which was to finish in the top 50% of his grade (U19). Also got to see moorey and son of moorey have a red hot crack, with moorey somehow finishing just ahead of his clearly superior offspring.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Oh, and yesterday I got out on a bike for the first time since hurting myself two weeks ago. I guess the rib was just bruised after all, because it didn't hurt at all riding up to the top of Rockwell and back down again.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Competed in my first enduro today. Had a blast but running with a stuck piston in my front brakes meant I was without them for most of the day. So so so much fin!!!

slowmick

38-39"
Took The Boy to race Cressy. He got his one alotted crash out of the way during practice, and achieved his goal, which was to finish in the top 50% of his grade (U19). Also got to see moorey and son of moorey have a red hot crack, with moorey somehow finishing just ahead of his clearly superior offspring.
well done to son of Spike. will have to aim higher next year. 0.6 is very small margin between the two Moores. Seeing as Moorey has handed my ass to me on the enduro track i'd e left embarrassed my Felix.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Collected a little more green bling for the kp153. I've always wanted a green bike, a and this is the closest I'm going to get for a while!

Pity I can't put it on just yet, CRC have lost the new front Zee and have to wait for the re order to be shipped.

IMAG0647-2000x1500.jpg

IMAG0649-2000x1500.jpg

BT180

Max Pfaff
First night ride in about 5 years. So different hitting features blind. Lots of dark shadows and black holes at the bottom of drops and roll downs. Lucky I knew the track well and I could hit and hope. Also, nearly got taken out by a Wallaby that cut across the track in front of me, whilst I was on a fast decent. Scared the crap out of me!

IMG_9069.JPG

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not for my bike, but pulled apart a pair of heavy, poorly performing Suntour XCM forks.

Forks barely moved when i tried to compress them. Dropped the lowers, polished the stanchions a bit to remove most of the high spots and rust, cleaned lowers, Slickoleum all over the seals, bushings, lower stanchions. Back together - works pretty well! These don't have rebound adjustment so are a pogo stick, but at least the fork is doing something now.

No oil bath in these. No idea how long they will work again for. Made me appreciate how great even a mid level air fork like a Reba is.