What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Back on the MTB for the first time in weeks. However the SS commuting has done me good - conquered the entire casuarina climb for the first time ever!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On the pivot...

The top seal cap thing for my headset broke. This triggered a frantic search through the house for the spare headset I knew I had laying around somewhere...turns out I don't. But I did have a compatible part by fsa that I can fit to the headset except it is about 10-12mm high. I also found a long lost spank spoon stem and decided to fit it to the bike. While the stem is the same length as it's predecessor things feel a little different. Some tweaking will be required. I took the bike for some jumps to test out the solution and all seems well.

DSC_2143~2.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Nearly lost it at Stromlo, big gust of wind whilst airborne threw me way off the intended landing point into rocks!!!

Sort of hazard you expect as a pilot, not so much cycling!!!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Went to Lysterfield and completed a lap, but pushed too hard on the bruised rib and was feeling it last night and this morning. Trails like Hug and Snipe are a bit too much just yet. Looks like I'll have to stick to Kurrajong for at least another couple of weeks.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Went to Lysterfield and completed a lap, but pushed too hard on the bruised rib and was feeling it last night and this morning. Trails like Hug and Snipe are a bit too much just yet. Looks like I'll have to stick to Kurrajong for at least another couple of weeks.
Recoveries suck! I haven't been to lysty since early summer since I moved westside. Always found snipe to be a b*** of a track. More ruts than flow or fun. What's it like now?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What the hell is wrong with me? damn thing isn't even my size!

This is why I'll never have money :-/

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Maybe my size?
Your wife will find me and shoot me :p

...might be. It's a strange one by the sizing charts, tt is as long as my tracer, but st is a solid 60mm shorter. I'll reassess when it arrives, meanwhile if you find one in large I'll swap in a heartbeat. Don't know why but I find that frame incredibly attractive. Actually maybe you don't want it after I've had my hands all over it.

Salce77

Squid
How long ago did you bruise your rib Spike-x. I broke 5 ribs last week at Red Hill and am hoping I'll be back on my bike in 4 weeks. One other thing how much better does your sight pedal with the minion SS. I'm thinking of putting one on my sight just to help with the uphill pedal.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
What the hell is wrong with me? damn thing isn't even my size!

This is why I'll never have money :-/

Good work plank! I went from a crafty to a tracer 2 and they're a totally different ride! I preferred the single pivot.

It's a shame they don't make them in an xl. I dare say I'd still be on one if they did.

My recycled beast with a fresh set of decals. I tweaked the FRX decal for a bit of 26 inch pride...
IMAG0097-2000x1500.jpg
IMAG0099_crop_283x132.jpg

I was sent an extra set of decals which I still have a few spare. If you're interested let me know.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Your wife will find me and shoot me :p

...might be. It's a strange one by the sizing charts, tt is as long as my tracer, but st is a solid 60mm shorter. I'll reassess when it arrives, meanwhile if you find one in large I'll swap in a heartbeat. Don't know why but I find that frame incredibly attractive. Actually maybe you don't want it after I've had my hands all over it.

My wife has no idea about my bike collection. Soon to ballon from 3 to 6.

Started rebuilding the stinky. New headset in. Rebuilt the forks, just need to change bushes in the lowers and the forks are done for now.

Next up is linkage bearings. Double blind bearings are not going to be fun to get out, can't even get the puller to hook on yet.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Think of all the money you'll save only having to replace on set of linkage bearings.
how can i afford not to have it!! :whistle:

Good work plank! I went from a crafty to a tracer 2 and they're a totally different ride! I preferred the single pivot.

It's a shame they don't make them in an xl. I dare say I'd still be on one if they did.

My recycled beast with a fresh set of decals. I tweaked the FRX decal for a bit of 26 inch pride... ��
View attachment 339850
View attachment 339851

I was sent an extra set of decals which I still have a few spare. If you're interested let me know.
i don't know how i feel about this, do i really want something i prefer to the tracer? at the moment i'm digging the look of the crafty but is that just love at first sight that's destined to sour or is this the real deal? yours definitely looks a bit sexy there too, its like an orange but without looking like earthmoving equipment :peep:

i'll be in touch about the decals once i have my grubby mitts on it, thanks mate!

My wife has no idea about my bike collection. Soon to ballon from 3 to 6.

Started rebuilding the stinky. New headset in. Rebuilt the forks, just need to change bushes in the lowers and the forks are done for now.

Next up is linkage bearings. Double blind bearings are not going to be fun to get out, can't even get the puller to hook on yet.

just do me a favor and give me a heads up if she ever finds out where you've been getting all these forks and frames, i'd like to get a head start on skipping town.

nice work on the stinky! I seriously figured it'd be snapped up by someone looking to ride it till it died without looking back, it didn't seem worthy of a rebuild to me but bloody unreal to see it get a new lease on life.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Recoveries suck! I haven't been to lysty since early summer since I moved westside. Always found snipe to be a b*** of a track. More ruts than flow or fun. What's it like now?
The ruts have turned into chasms, but it's a good bit of fun to finish the day. Unless you have a bruised rib and accidentally leave your shock on firmer setting.