What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kiddies first bike ride ever outside the property, riding up front. Only a few kms but it was pretty sweet. Think I'll mountbit on the trance so we can venture of the bike path and get some gear range, def no stand up pedalling action.

Oh yeah, zwift race, came 6th out of 50 in cat c, sweet, but got pinged for having too much powaaah, effectively dq'd. Fck it dq > dnf > dns.

QUOTE=Boom King;3107290]A few mods on the Duster. Stem shortened from 100mm to 80mm, rear sprocket down to 13T from 16T. Perfect for street duties now.
[/QUOTE]

Looks ace, you gunna put some real pedals on anytime soon?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode Lysty... sorta forgot about the Oz day crowds... had to park up a tree... shoulda rode from home. Nice ride though.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Not my bike, but my wife’s… installed a Nobby Nic on the front and a Rocket Ron on the rear (she flatted the rear in the final 100 metres of last weekends ride at Blores) … but really, they were both totally toast.

I also installed some much lighter flat pedals on one of my daughters bikes… it had Primo pedals on it till now, certainly well built but I thought they were heavy, so I weighed them, nearly 400gms each, so bye bye.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
^ something like wellgo spry at 240ish the pair?
Na just some cheapies… Shadow Ravager plastic jobs… mainly to get my Pushy’s tyre order into free shipping territory. My daughter rides with SPD’s, so the flats are for a family friend who occasionally borrows the bike… she’s a beginner and pretty tame, so flats without massive pins are the go. The Primos were old and worn, so fitted the purpose, but weighed a heap.

If I was buying flats for me, I’d get the Wellgo B274 Magnesium Platform Flat Pedals that I recently bought for my wife… they are only $60, less than 150gms each and have great pins. But they are too bitey and would be ripped up shin city for our friend.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Great ride this afternoon with my Wife. First proper outing for her with the new wheelset and she was really happy with how shaving 850g out of her wheelset made her bike handle. Stoked with that.

Also did a bit of tweaking on my bike and lowered the stem 10mm. Fark didn't expect it but the bike is much more stable on corner entry previously it was quite tail happy at speed. Now drifts much more evenly when at the limit. Managed to Strava a #4 on a particularly fun jumpy bermy section of track so bike must be going OK.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Decided to run the HT today after almost 2 months of not riding it. Got it in my head they weren't for me and FS was the only way.

After a longer than normal ride with a lot of climbing (for me) I realised how much I love it. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I'm the same - I tend to spend a lot of continuous riding on one bike (fs) and then the other (ht).

You absolutely need both in your life.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Made a wheel-shaped object for the road bike. Front wheel - 28H Hope MonoRS hub, H son plus rim, DT DB spokes. Now comes the fun job of tensioning the spokes :wacko:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Decided to run the HT today after almost 2 months of not riding it. Got it in my head they weren't for me and FS was the only way.

After a longer than normal ride with a lot of climbing (for me) I realised how much I love it. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder...
Absolutely... but no way could I go 2 months of no HT... I'd be pining for the fjords. The trick for me was getting a HT that was just as capable as my FS bike.

Oh... and as for "What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!" ... today, which is now yesterday, and like Saturday too... we rode Lysty, but todays was better as it was a twilight ride...serenity, the roos were out, the light was soft and the descents were cool... then beer.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The trick for me was getting a HT that was just as capable as my FS bike
I set mine up to cover different bases. The HT is race light and feels very delicate compared to the FS rigs.
Capable HT sounds like a Canfield EPO.... time to lobby the Minister for War and Finance.