What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
rode most of our upcoming race course this morning -about 1/4 into the ride coming along a slightly rutted bit of 4wd trk had a xml stick poking out & i felt it just clipped my arm, mid elbow - looked down after 20yds &arm covered in blood.
quickly put my glove on it -after 10 secs thought ill have a quick look -blood still oozing out, nicked one of the veins in the cubital fossa [inside elbow] took about a minute to stop bleeding -took the shirt off to wrap around, starting riding back to car to get a bandage when met some friends half way getting out of their cars -grabbed a bandage off them to fin the ride [ must say wife is none too impressed i completed the ride]

https://www.strava.com/activities/839869264

moorey

call me Mia
Well I thought it did. Nostalgia perhaps. My NX is the one bike I'd be most upset to have pinched.

And pushing 20 years ago qualifies as back in the day for me!
It qualifies you as a hipster. They love these old shitfighters.

Hipster.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It qualifies you as a hipster. They love these old shitfighters.

Hipster.
You're starting to scare me now...

Although there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more hipsters in Ballarat for the Nick Cave gig than there is in all of Canberra. I confess I did feel comfortable in that crowd...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Reassembled my RS Revelations using the new RTC3 damper (thanks Hakka!!) and only referred to the exploded diagram once. Even bought some Slickoleum for the occasion.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're starting to scare me now...

Although there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more hipsters in Ballarat for the Nick Cave gig than there is in all of Canberra. I confess I did feel comfortable in that crowd...
Word is they like hoarding old bikes of a certain type & era too.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Needs a dropper post, just sayin. :behindsofa:
Rode the shit out of my bike at Thredbo today. Bombing down the Flow and AM trail including the new top section. Pretty stuffed after doing 10 runs.

Doesn't look like having the seat post up my clacker slows me down!

#notadropper

Attachments

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Perfect Sunday up the bush… a morning swim, then rode Blores. Climb up to Trig, then ride the amazing Matilda D, didn’t ride some of the rocky stuff… but loved the carpeted section and some of the new woop de doos, then cut across the 4WD track and climb back up and ride Jim’s, which is the Mariners Run of Blores, followed by the amazing flow trail, who knows what it is called. Back to the car, cold beer and a swim.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Needed a new commuter light so grabbed a cateye volt800 and helmet mount for some dirt night rides. First night dirt ride in about 9 years....so much fun. Light worked a treat too. 200 lumens was a stack for climbing and flat single and the 800 lumen setting was just silly good for decending.

To think I once raced a xc night race on a borrowed 5w nightstick......the lighting gave me a hint where the track went.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Not really 'today', as I haven't really been near a computer all weekend... but had a great ride at Kinglake on Saturday with Juan's Downhill Express Shuttles.

Really recommend the service for any DH riders that haven't already jumped on board!
Probably the best paid shuttle I've been on.

Good price, low wait times, and Juan is very enthusiastic and brings a good vibe to the day.
Helping riders with suspension setup and tips, talking about their bikes and just being an all-round good dude! :rockon:

Nothing super amazing, but snagged a little footage.

[video=youtube;Dv9_-s5Rxx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv9_-s5Rxx4[/video]

Juan also grabbed a bunch of photos throughout the day, which was really cool.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Perfect Sunday up the bush… a morning swim, then rode Blores. Climb up to Trig, then ride the amazing Matilda D, didn’t ride some of the rocky stuff… but loved the carpeted section and some of the new woop de doos, then cut across the 4WD track and climb back up and ride Jim’s, which is the Mariners Run of Blores, followed by the amazing flow trail, who knows what it is called. Back to the car, cold beer and a swim.
Love a good ride at Blores. Hopefully see you there one day Lazmo!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Love a good ride at Blores. Hopefully see you there one day Lazmo!
Art… cool, it would be great to see you there. And there’s a fair chance if we see you, we’ll get to talk, as Blores is not only a great trail, but it is very social place. There’s not a lot of traffic, and when you come across another rider, it often involves a good chat. A few of the locals who built the place really love a good yarn. Max is a real unit and Mike and Roger will chew your ear off, they are so into the place. It has a good blend of hard rocky sections up at Trig and awesome flow trails elsewhere… and the use of carpet is unique. It is probably my favourite track… not because it is actually that amazing, but because every time you ride there… you just feel super zen. Plus you get to cool off in the lake.

indica

Serial flasher
Picked it up from Edge in Cairns.
New Spank rim (thanks Nerf) on the rear, hopefully that can hold my fat arse on the trail without dying.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
A few mods on the Duster. Stem shortened from 100mm to 80mm, rear sprocket down to 13T from 16T. Perfect for street duties now.