What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode Lysty yesterday and today… the not closed high side of it… Snipe, Blairs, Hug, Redgum, lower Comm Games.

Someone’s done a ton of work on Snipe track as it has gone from being a knarly rutfest to this super smooth berm racetrack… I enjoyed the way it was, but the new look is cool too… super flow.

Brow

Big Block
Serviced the BB while looking for a creak. All good down below. Lubed pedals too. Cleaned and used carbon paste on reassembly of seatpost and seat clamp assy. Will go out and check tomorrow - got an RDO so can test it as well as test the roadie after hopefully decreaking the stem and bars. Storms around now and all 3 kids home to get fed and ready for school tomorrow.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
With the threat of another hot windy one, I got all soft and took the roady out for an end to end M7 blat. 85kms and back by 11am.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Discovered today my non functioning back brake on the Foxy was not tyre sealant contamination as I thought but a leaking caliper due to a missing o ring between bodies on the feed screw . Not sure why this did not show up a lot sooner . Rebuild time tomorrow at some point .
Leaking guide caliper fixed and bled . Rotor cleaned new nukeproof sintered pads fitted and bedded in . While I was at it the Foxy got new esi grips and a had a look at my DNM dropper which had been playing up of late . Looks like the cartidge is shot . Made a small modification to an X fusion dropper that was too long for the frame . Having had new valving under warranty and sitting in the spares box I decided to take a punt and cut a small amount off the bottom ( its out of warranty now ) . Now it fits nicely .

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Well done. The team of 4 looks to have 7 in the photo. Did the organisers ignore this slight difference or just weren't into counting and details. Good work sir
The three blokes on the right were the fast ones who won the category...

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Replaced my rear brake pads with new ones. Old ones were worn down almost to the backing plate! Now my lever doesn't pull all the way into the handle bars and I can do mad skids again. :)

Note to self: Need to check my pads more often! LOL

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fitted a replacement dropper to my rune since brad at trailtune decided to keep the dropper i sent in for servicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Sucks, Planky! I was glad I was on my HT for the Bright...less to go wrong in the slop!
the ground provided plenty of suspension by early morning, pretty sure you wouldn't have known the difference between a rigid and a dually by the end of it :p

i think some muck got caught up in the linkages and caused it to bind up. It started shifting really badly halfway through a really wet lap and when i tagged the next fella in, i went to clean down the driveline and found waaay too much movement in the pivots.
One of the vendors was sporting enough to loan me a lapierre for my last lap though, thought that was mighty fine of them!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Great event wasn't it? Always good to have an excuse to buy a new frame though
yeah, great fun and super chilled atmosphere around the whole event. i reckon i'll drag the whole family up next year, there was something for everyone. nice to have an excuse for a new frame, not so nice to not have the monies though. i'm going to have to sell the tracer2 to fund something, its a shame but i cant justify holding onto it now. in the meantime, i'll be hitting up cycling deal for a $200 hardtail frame to get me by.

also scored a podium so it wasn't all bad, 2nd place in the mens traditional teams of 4 :shocked: beat 3rd place by a mere 2minutes in the end!