What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
Picked it up from the shop after a 5 week wait for Fox to fix the creaking crown issue under warranty.

Have to send it back in in Feb as Fox doesn't have the part to fix the fork.

Really disappointed in Fox and the time it has taken them to not fix the forks and their poor communication. Claiming they couldn't fix the fork due to not having the part (which made sense according to all net feedback for others with the same issue), then they had fixed it, then sending them back not fixed at all.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Set up my wife's bike tubeless. Was keen to see the weight difference but in my eagerness to do the job Forgot to weigh the rear wheel.
Front came in at 1870g with tube and 1.81 after removing tube and rim tape, adding 2 wraps of tubeless tape (blue stuff from LBS) Stan's valve stem and 2 scoops of Stan's liquid. Not a huge loss in grams but it's more the low pressure performance we are after.

All in all a piss easy conversion using specialized tyres and stock dtswiss 420SL rims pumped up first go, currently at 60psi overnight then drop me to 18psi tomorrow for a low pressure test then bump up to 22-25psi

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
My Wife got me one of these yesterday.

Tango.jpg

It was meant for Chrissy but the bloody thing was so big she had nowhere to hide it haha.

Might finally get some Strava KOMS now I have another engine out back :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
...now I have another engine out back :)
Rookie error. You make her ride up front, and ensure there aren't any mirrors or shit on it. Then you always pedal really half arsed, so when you finally decide to just put your legs up and crack a cold one she can't tell.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yesterday I gave the old Giant Boulder Beater some love.. Ultega road cranks(!)(yes the chainstays required some modification !), new cables, swapped the rigid fork for a suspension fork that was in the cupboard(old Manitou Skareb 80mm),put a disk brake front end on it and actually put a rear brake on it(V brake)! This bike stays on the indoor trainer, so never really needed brakes, but took it out for a spin yesterday with the boy(he's 3)... on his strider bike..and found the rigid fork with v brake front only was inadequate!!

RIDEGIANT

Likes Bikes
Broke and dislocated my elbow..... When I got home from the hospital spent a full 3 hours buffing out scratches from my carbon beauty.... now all that remains evidence is a missing bar end and a single scratch on the X01.. :/

Don't you hate it when little girls run out in front of you, not only on gravel, but from behind a vehicle also? And to top it all off, I decided to ride sensibly for the first time ever.. NEK FU*KING MINNIT :censored:

ChopSticks

Banned
Broke and dislocated my elbow..... When I got home from the hospital spent a full 3 hours buffing out scratches from my carbon beauty.... now all that remains evidence is a missing bar end and a single scratch on the X01.. :/

Don't you hate it when little girls run out in front of you, not only on gravel, but from behind a vehicle also? And to top it all off, I decided to ride sensibly for the first time ever.. NEK FU*KING MINNIT :censored:
Noooooo not that new trance!!!!
At least it wasn't major damage.... To the bike!
mend up buddy !!!

P.s. you should've just ran the kiddy over assuming she wasn't yours)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
One of my mates did that a couple of months ago when a particularly spatially unaware sprog ran out in front of him on a blitzkrieg descent - mate had nowhere to go. That one cost him two broken wrists and a broken scaphoid(? - forearm part). Kid was fine(!)

He has a 29er now.....

Back on topic. Went for a ride. Used freshly bled brakes with new speccy finned pads as an excuse for many, many skids (I call it "bedding in").

It's been a good day.

RIDEGIANT

Likes Bikes
Noooooo not that new trance!!!!
At least it wasn't major damage.... To the bike!
mend up buddy !!!

]

If I had another meter I could have hopped her, or been able to stop

Oh well,

:( Trance is fine, all shiny and polished and looking sexy :)

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Went for my first night ride in the bush at Gap Creek tonight with a mate. Absolutely pitch black with no lights. Was an awesome feeling scooting through the bush, following a single track with only a light showing the way. Will definitely do it again. Much cooler at night aswell :thumbsup:

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put Uberbike Kevlar brake pads in last night and hit the Smithfield trails at 6am in pouring rain - my teeth are muddy from grinning.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Strained all the tendons in my wrist on the first day of my short 1 week holiday after washing out on a loose berm D: Spewing!!!

mtb1611

Seymour
Not mine, however I did buy them...bought the boys a couple of bmx's for Xmas. Routing on the front brake cable was ridiculous (through the stem bolt, down the head tube and into some gratuitous guide on the fork leg before looping back to the caliper), requiring the strength of ten Morgan Freemans to actuate it; not good for an 8 year old. Pulled it out, shorten the cable and voila, practical front braking returneth.