What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I swore at my antique cigweld for the last time today too. Got about halfway through and said fuckit. Went to Bunnings and got a $140 inverter welder, it's 500% easier to use. I mean I'm not going to be mistaken for a pro, but at least it doesn't look like a blind man with parkinsons welded it up...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I swore at my antique cigweld for the last time today too. Got about halfway through and said fuckit. Went to Bunnings and got a $140 inverter welder, it's 500% easier to use. I mean I'm not going to be mistaken for a pro, but at least it doesn't look like a blind man with parkinsons welded it up...
Yeah, I’ve got an Aldis inverter welder, and it’s WAY better than my old POS transformer job.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Is it good enough to trust a caravan to it?

I've got a heap of welding to do and really need my own welder, just don't know what to look for

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Good stick is cery satisfying. Having the flux peel off without tapping it is a pretty good feeling.

New backpack I ordered arrived today! Evoc stage 6L, in black of course. Pretty impressed so far, it’s a tidy little unit that’s a fair size smaller than the huge evoc FR I’ve been trying to use all the time. Should be more comfy for shorter local jaunts.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Is it good enough to trust a caravan to it?

I've got a heap of welding to do and really need my own welder, just don't know what to look for
Out with the old

And in with the new

I wanted to buy a better brand, but just couldn't justify it for the amount of welding I actually do. This was $139 and has a 3 year warranty. You point the stick at the metal and it welds it, theres no faffing to get it to start, it almost never sticks, and the way it puts its welds down is just amazing. Maybe the old machine is stuffed, maybe I'm a shit welder, but the cheap little inverter unit made the work both easier and more gooder.

...crayons

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You will be amazed at how well these baby inverters weld. Very controllable down to low amps.

Again, creep wont be a problem:

1. As long as he doesnt drive through any lava, and
2. He keeps away from Bangalow forest.

Not sure about crayon but welds look good enough from this distance.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Out with the old

And in with the new

I wanted to buy a better brand, but just couldn't justify it for the amount of welding I actually do. This was $139 and has a 3 year warranty. You point the stick at the metal and it welds it, theres no faffing to get it to start, it almost never sticks, and the way it puts its welds down is just amazing. Maybe the old machine is stuffed, maybe I'm a shit welder, but the cheap little inverter unit made the work both easier and more gooder.

...crayons

Amazing how prices reduce over time.
I was a welder when these DC welders started trickling into the country. And the first ones that appeared were Italian made and $1300.
Was a game changer for us as we used to do a lot of balcony balustrade and had to haul up the big old copper coil mofo welder on ropes up however many stories.
Then to have a little welder with a shoulder strap was worth every cent.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode from home over to Lysty. Busted a front wheel spoke on Comm Games, so took it it easy on Aneurysm. Then firetrailed it home.

Minlak

custom titis
Split them off and gave them names Team Shimano and Team Sram. Now I race them against each other to see which team gets the PB. Rode Team Shimano today but only dawdling around with the missus. Added some bling bits to Team Sram and gunna head out early to try and break 45mins on my 15k training loop to put them in the lead.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
edit forgot pics
463D88F8-B15C-4FE3-86C3-7F4ACCA848AB.jpeg
43B01469-BFCE-48AE-AE7F-D64A48B2F686.jpeg
2B660BAD-390B-460E-8A1A-1951B7EFEC9E.jpeg
3CD36FC8-3EDF-42CC-A9A4-D42F21BD4A54.jpeg

Woke up with a pounding headache yesty due to dehydration (long day on Friday flying to Perth after a week of night shifts, nap on the plane, drive home, more driving to bike shop, a quick ride followed by a few rums) I set the new bike up tubeless, first time dealing with 'proper' tubeless rims.
So easy even with the tight fitting tyres. Left the front OEM Bontrager tyre on, swapped the rear for a new DHF I've used for a couple of rides on my old bike. Struggle to see the theoretical 2.5mm difference in width between the 2.4 XR4 and the 2.3 DHF.
Body clock not quite reset yet and it's gunna be warm today so will do some fine tuning of levers and handlebar position. First ride had stem at max height, and I'll have a play around with stem height before trimming anything off the steerer but will wait until I've ridden it plenty . Stem is 60mm, feels ok so far but I'd like to try shorter. Looks like there's room for a dropper post with more travel but I'll wait and see if I want more than the OEM's 125mm.
Will get some scuff protection on it today (https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...nt-protection---small-305-x-600mm/342367.html) is easier to find locally than 3M Heli tape....
New bike is awesome, can't take my eyes off it :cool: I need to get out and work on the basics of jumping and manual-ing, ATM my limits are well within the potential of the bike. Need some scuff protection for me along with more helmet than my first gen Bell Super - which I like a lot but I'm wanting some face protection

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Haven't even sat on it since the weekend before Christmas, so last night was a lower leg service, wipe down and I refitted the chain after the wax bath last weekend. Pumped the tires and also put the (shorter) 70mm stem back on it after a change of technique to see if it does what I want.

It always looks pretty schmick when it's clean, and I paid extra attention to the fork lube for extra smoothness, so I was pretty pumped to go for a ride. It's been years since my first ride of the year HASN'T been a commute to work.

I made it to the far side gutter when the pin pulled out of the quick link, with the spare in my other bag at home. Ride over. Try again next year. :mad:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went on what i have termed 'Hell Ride " - Wombat Forest , followed the moto trails , ended up in a creek bed ....long hot climb out - fell off twice - one was a cracker over the bars ! WTF as i lay on the ground .
Got lost , Got found .
28km of Hell - loved it !
Next time I'm turning right not left .

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
First ride in almost two months.
So took it easy and did a film day instead of big k's.
Rode flat pedals for the first time in ages, which gave me the confidence to try the log role of death I'd been avoiding for ages :)

Cressy will seem like nap time after those trails, lol. Nice riding mate! Enjoy the no-BS approach to your vids too, so raw.