What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Rode lysterfield for the first time. Couldn't fathom why dudes take full blown dh rigs out to ride Aneurysm. Reckon I'll head back out on the hardtail to see how that goes, as the 150mm bike felt a bit sluggish through a lot of it. Really rate the CG track though, that was great fun.
Lysterfield is pretty decent. I always try to make time whenever I'm back home in Melbourne - CG I love, that run across the top before the switchbacks is always a hoot if you get a bit overexcited with speed on that loose gravel!

Aneurysm I did on my 100mm Anthem - once I discovered it wasnt strictly a XC trail (I discovered this the hard way some distance from the ground when the first big drop snuck up on me...) it was fine.

Haakon

Fell in love with the SRAM XO1 all over again. Now it has a straight hanger, it was easy to adjust - I thought I was being a bit special before and had the sram stuff labelled as a bit finicky.

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
Finally finished a junker build

Replaced a 10mm bolt-on axle with a QR, serviced a hub and finally put the rear wheel & finishing adjustments onto a junker build for my sister. The bike's damn ugly, with a raw alloy frame, faded pink steel forks, canti front brake, V-brake rear and a 3x5 drivetrain. Built as a commuter that rides ok but looks so terrible that (hopefully) nobody will want to steal it, the FrankenBike is cobbled together from a garage sale frame, parts from several hard rubbish bikes and a couple of new bits (tires, BB). Total cost $48.50 + many hours of cursing myself for stupidly thinking that it would be an easy project; should've known better after building my hardtail!

Warwick

Likes Dirt
I didnt ride today sadly, but it was a very happy day. Finally, after years of resistance taught Felix at age 6 to ride. He had a fuckin ball. Really nice day. File uploads are failing so no pics attached.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode down to the local lake circuit to meet my missus who had my son patiently waiting for his first real ride without training wheels.
He did 4kms without stacking or taking out anybody else, even after pulling off a crazy skid and getting himself all crossed up on the gravel lol. Kids going to have skillz.

Found a quick little single track circuit on the way home, so busted out a few quick laps.

Haakon

Didn't ride any of them. Wasted most of the day pulling the front end apart on the car to replace lower control arms and do a general service. Then had to put the original control arms back in as the new ones are fautly and we cant have the car off the road... Will have to do it all over again after a shitfight to get faulty parts replaced.

Waste of a bloody perfect riding day dammit... :tsk:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Took the old banger out for a ride down to the beach with the youngest daughter. Along bike path, up the local shopping strip for ice cream. Then back home.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Long street ride. Taught buddy how to wall ride. He picked it up pretty fast - only one close call. Happy times were had.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Placed an order for some sram rsc's, new tyres and seat clamp.....

Lets see how long crc takes to deliver....

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Re-built up a bike bought off RB a few weeks back that needed some loving. Parts list as follows:

Fork - circus expert 130 tapered
Tyres - DMR Motodiggers
Headset - Ritchey
BB - Odyssey
Brake - XT (not fitted in pic)

Just need to lower forks and bars potentially, and get a link on that chain as she's a bit tight in shortest position.

Attachments

Haakon

Rode the Anthem Adv SX to work through some single track on Red Hill - smacked a rock hard enough to put a bulge in a brand new Ardent on the front, and flung another rock up and smacked my nice new XO1 crank to produce a gouge in the carbon.

Sigh. Such is life with a mountain bike... :eek:hwell:

Haakon

Took a shortcut across the grass - got dog shit sprayed all down the down tube and my shoes...

doubles

Squid
Oh Yeaaaaah!

About to fit a Spank Spike Race 35mm stem and KS Integra post with the awesome KS Southpaw lever!! Testing it out tomorrow!!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Rode the Anthem Adv SX to work through some single track on Red Hill - smacked a rock hard enough to put a bulge in a brand new Ardent on the front, and flung another rock up and smacked my nice new XO1 crank to produce a gouge in the carbon.

Sigh. Such is life with a mountain bike... :eek:hwell:
Took a shortcut across the grass - got dog shit sprayed all down the down tube and my shoes...
You need a new bike..

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Re-built up a bike bought off RB a few weeks back that needed some loving. Parts list as follows:

Fork - circus expert 130 tapered
Tyres - DMR Motodiggers
Headset - Ritchey
BB - Odyssey
Brake - XT (not fitted in pic)

Just need to lower forks and bars potentially, and get a link on that chain as she's a bit tight in shortest position.
And pet your dog. It looks very unhappy with you

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And pet your dog. It looks very unhappy with you
Well he got revenge, noting Haakon's dogsh1t adventure above, that's what I was cleaning off most parts of the bike 20mins later after he laid a fresh one in the dark while I was riding around the yard. Sneaky sumb1tch.

Haakon

Needs a tougher bike.
Yes, that should read "such is life with a fairly light XC bike"...

Chips on the crank almost invisible with a touchup clear lacquer. Was easier to deal with than making sure I got all the dog shit off it...

stirk

Burner
Yes, that should read "such is life with a fairly light XC bike"...

Chips on the crank almost invisible with a touchup clear lacquer. Was easier to deal with than making sure I got all the dog shit off it...
Yes, dog shit is bad, unfortunately people walk their pooches along my local single tracks as its quite close to homes, they don't cleanup after them and I often roll through it.

I was told a story of a guy that rolled through some fairly sloppy poo and the rear wheel flicked it up his back, blaah!

On topic, have day off, will ride it!

And then buy brake pads for it....