What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Weird seeing that middle section with a properly cultivated car park rather than a dirt patch. Does that pub nearby still look semi-condemned?
Yeah, the top pub is still the same. I don't think she'll ever sell. What would she have to complain about then. lol

It's all pretty flash down the bottom end now. The shuttle guys have a well designed pickup area and there's heaps more parking.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Been fiddling with the rear shock, little bit this way, little bit that way, nope back a bit, try this try that, ehhh I dunno felt better before... Put it back to how I originally set it up, chucked on a mates shock wiz and it said "stop fucking with it dickhead it's perfect"
PSX_20240207_135516.jpg

PSX_20240207_135110.jpg

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I think I need to see about a ShokWiz, no idea what pressures I should be running and I don't ride often enough or with enough time to fiddle or session to tweak

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I think I need to see about a ShokWiz, no idea what pressures I should be running and I don't ride often enough or with enough time to fiddle or session to tweak
Ive borrowed it a few times now, and it's always been kind of useless to me, the worst it's ever said is to go a couple clicks less LSC on a fork when I was already maxxed out in that direction...turns out that fork had issues... Yup a fox36
Probably perfect if you're not sure about setup...

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Been a minute since I bought new forks so I scratched that itch and took a gamble on the new DVO Onyx. The fork that was on the Titan is an Intend Flash with a custom tuned Mezzer damper so if this new fork has any sub par characteristics they are going to be revealed immediately.

Quick ride yesterday and then another loop this morning with settings adjusted and I'm happy to report the fork is very good. Chassis is on point, not too stiff, steering feels natural and stable. Air spring feels supportive and with one token is giving me enough progression at 75psi. Fork holds up well in it's travel and doesn't blow thru its stroke when loaded in berms or on the brakes. Rebound is noisy but feels controlled. In short, I like it a lot! And it's not a Fox or a Rockshox so extra points there.

Dorado is coming off the Voima for an upcoming new build and the Flash is going onto the ebike....which I'm considering selling and going back to full meat power :eek:

anyone know of someone looking for a high end ebike? (trickstuff brakes, custom suspension etc)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Been a minute since I bought new forks so I scratched that itch and took a gamble on the new DVO Onyx. The fork that was on the Titan is an Intend Flash with a custom tuned Mezzer damper so if this new fork has any sub par characteristics they are going to be revealed immediately.

Quick ride yesterday and then another loop this morning with settings adjusted and I'm happy to report the fork is very good. Chassis is on point, not too stiff, steering feels natural and stable. Air spring feels supportive and with one token is giving me enough progression at 75psi. Fork holds up well in it's travel and doesn't blow thru its stroke when loaded in berms or on the brakes. Rebound is noisy but feels controlled. In short, I like it a lot! And it's not a Fox or a Rockshox so extra points there.

Dorado is coming off the Voima for an upcoming new build and the Flash is going onto the ebike....which I'm considering selling and going back to full meat power :eek:

anyone know of someone looking for a high end ebike? (trickstuff brakes, custom suspension etc)
Did you go SL or OTT? Certainly a fork I like the look of. Shame it still has green dials. :p

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
modified 32mm socket for Fox36 air cap.. turned out ok, but better if turned on lathe instead of bench grinder :p
1707290916129.png

snug
1707290929321.png

Also 3D printed a dummy steerer tube so bars don't flop around with fork off. (loosely based on Park Tools one). Stem should clamp it OK.

Of course seconds after hitting start, figured it should instead be modular with threaded rod in middle to adjust length... and attach at bottom to a chunk of wood/crap to keep bike upright with rear stand.. next version...
1707291032534.png

1707291297148.png

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
And what a stunning day you have too! :cool:
It was fucking glorious!

Best part was the boss told me to do it. I need to arrange a field test with my Israeli overlords, but Boss stated it was more important to him that I went riding, the Israelis can wait :D.

Currently waiting in the holding pen for the Spirit. I'll put photos up once I'm on board and tizzied them up.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Rode bikes the last 2 days. Endurbro trail ride and then shuttles.
Bikes rule
IMG_7431.jpeg

5546e9c8-e62b-496e-a2b6-5cf7c0ced234.jpeg

Also 3D printed a dummy steerer tube so bars don't flop around with fork off. (loosely based on Park Tools one). Stem should clamp it OK.

Of course seconds after hitting start, figured it should instead be modular with threaded rod in middle to adjust length... and attach at bottom to a chunk of wood/crap to keep bike upright with rear stand.. next version...
View attachment 406771

View attachment 406773
Missed opportunity to make it a wang

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
modified 32mm socket for Fox36 air cap.. turned out ok, but better if turned on lathe instead of bench grinder :p
View attachment 406769

snug
View attachment 406770

View attachment 406771

View attachment 406773
I need to do that to my 26mm socket… I risked it unground and predictably made a mess of one cap. Sigh.
I bought spanner on AliExpress which is a laser cut from steel - but it’s cut is all super sharp edges I reckon will make a mess of the soft alloy fork caps….

zac

Likes Dirt
View attachment 406769

snug
View attachment 406770

View attachment 406771

View attachment 406773
Can you tap a thread into it and epoxy threaded rod into it?

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
I need to do that to my 26mm socket… I risked it unground and predictably made a mess of one cap. Sigh.
I bought spanner on AliExpress which is a laser cut from steel - but it’s cut is all super sharp edges I reckon will make a mess of the soft alloy fork caps….
impact sockets are easy to grind (tough, but sorta soft). do it. or... file the edges on the alispanner
Can you tap a thread into it and epoxy threaded rod into it?
can do anything... probably better to print hex cutouts and either push fit or epoxy nuts into it. (printed threads a bit shit unless coarse)
1707300794570.png

shit.. that would have been much better :D

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Can be custom designed for your pleasure :p (height limit 180mm tho.)
View attachment 406779

Good'nuff
View attachment 406778
Too much effort for this backyard hack. I use an old 27.2mm seatpost that I slide through the stem, spacers and headtube as I drop the forks out of the frame. It doesn't hold the lower bearing in place like your neat device, but it works.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Too much effort for this backyard hack. I use an old 27.2mm seatpost that I slide through the stem, spacers and headtube as I drop the forks out of the frame. It doesn't hold the lower bearing in place like your neat device, but it works.
that's way more sensible and practical :) and top down makes much more sense!

could then whack this over bottom of seatpost with o-ring in the slot to hold in place? (one day will have to start popping printed widgets in Rotorburn postal service)
1707301537801.png