What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Rode it for a bit and got some dust on it, then discovered my camelbag had sprung a leak, so I had Gatorade dribbling down my arse. :oops: Not knowing how quickly it was leaking, I opted not to do the 40-odd km full ride the rest of the crew did in case I ran out of go-juice and cut short. Still ended up with about 20km, so not completely disgraceful. On the way home picked up a new bladder, so I'm good for leak-free rides from next week. :)

Also finding that the pretty low-grade Jet Black grips over Red Hill's chattery rooty trails are not doing my crunchy right hand any favours, so spent the afternoon hunting out some more cushy, fatter-profile grips. In blue. That's proving to be a bit of a mission. The hunt continues......

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
I've been away for work for a few weeks and returned home to a crisis as the young bloke has decided his bike is now too small. He'd been given this a year or so ago and with a slammed seatpost and shorter stem all of a sudden it fits! He's also started getting interested in working on bike himself so today it was all about bleeding brakes and changing pads. Interest was lost at the adjusting gears stage.
I wish he'd taken my advice on swapping out the skinny old bars tho. It should do him to the end of the year.

PXL_20231112_110708908_1.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just installed a new seat on my rook. I went for an SDG Bel Air. I haven't had one for awhile and am a little concerned it might be bulkier than I remember. I think I will give it a test out tomorrow.

ausdb

Being who he is
Just installed a new seat on my rook. I went for an SDG Bel Air. I haven't had one for awhile and am a little concerned it might be bulkier than I remember. I think I will give it a test out tomorrow.
Funny you say that, the young bloke has had an old OEM Bela ir or similar on his hardtail for ages. Which is now on the bike in the post above. As he liked it so much I bought a modern Bel air for the spitty in the PYR I just posted. It's way bulkier than the original.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Funny you say that, the young bloke has had an old OEM Bela ir or similar on his hardtail for ages. Which is now on the bike in the post above. As he liked it so much I bought a modern Bel air for the spitty in the PYR I just posted. It's way bulkier than the original.

I'm glad I wasn't tripping balls in the shed.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had a nasty close pass on the way to work. Lost my tempter at them at the traffic lights 400m down the road… :(

Feeling a bit guilty, she didn’t do it intentionally and I think I gave her a fright too… Sigh.

pixelpuppet

Likes Dirt
I lost the pinch bolt on my Fox 38's a few days ago so instead of paying the $40 for a Fox one I bodged a brake bolt into one of those little threaded valve retainer things, added a few washers and voila we're back up and running. My bike and I are very happy now that we can ride together again, we went out for dinner with the money we saved and she may or may not have slept over. 170mm of travel, in the front and back. All night long.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I lost the pinch bolt on my Fox 38's a few days ago so instead of paying the $40 for a Fox one I bodged a brake bolt into one of those little threaded valve retainer things, added a few washers and voila we're back up and running. My bike and I are very happy now that we can ride together again, we went out for dinner with the money we saved and she may or may not have slept over. 170mm of travel, in the front and back. All night long.
Treat yourself to a Saddlespur.
Saddlespur.png

zac

Likes Dirt
Managed to remember how to tune a Front derailleur and took it for a (road) test ride... I've got to roll the bars forward a touch and sort out a new front shifter and lever cause those old shitty all in one units are crap. The ride was fun, just a 1.5km loop of the street we live on, surprisingly fast considering how long it's been since I did a decent ride...

20231114_181055.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cheers big ears. Just done 5 x 13hr days/nights, finished 7am this morning, it's my Friday. Quick 20km, few jump lines, couple of beers and then pack the car.

What's going on with this forum, fixing America, sorting out the middle east, running this country, eliminating climate change, seems the off topic is the big draw card lately :rolleyes: next thing the black dog topic gets a bash because you all feel shitty about your lives. Chill the fuck out !

I'll piss off to Melrose tomorrow till Monday or Tuesday, ride, relax and give zero fucks about shit that doesn't affect me, my family or friends.
Does that make me a selfish chunt :p

PXL_20231115_061239093.jpg